Item received after transaction has been cancelled

I have purchased small item from China and it did not arrive within 42 days... Contacted the seller: money was refunded and the transaction was cancelled.

I received the item today and want to pay back.

Is there a way to pay with the reference to item's number (transaction is cancelled!) or just to send amount thru PAYPAL and this will be to seller's advantage regarding the FVF.

What is the proper way to make the payment?

Thank you for directions.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just sent money to the seller. Think the FVF as a bonus for her/him.

You will make her day happy and the seller will be delighted with your kindness & honesty.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Transaction is closed I "think". I "think" you can "send money" and reference it to an eBay transaction. You will need the original numbers.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Just sent money to the seller. Think the FVF as a bonus for her/him.

You will make her day happy and the seller will be delighted with your kindness & honesty.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The easiest way is to go to the Paypal transaction, find their email that the original payment was sent to, and use "send money" tab. Not sure if you're able to repay through Ebay, there might be an option to "pay now" if the transaction isn't too old. I've never been successful at repaying for an item through Ebay, not sure if there's even an option. If you are able to pay again through Ebay, make sure to email the seller and let them know, so they don't reship the item thinking it's a new purchase/transaction. The seller already paid the Ebay fees, so repaying through Paypal makes more sense. The seller can also send you an invoice through Paypal.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply