JULY 19 MIGRATION TOOL Still NOT Working - HELP

Promises from Ebay that they would FIX the problem within 48 hours - it is past 48 Hours now and the tool STILL will NOT convert my US FUNDS LISTINGS to CANADIAN FUNDS.

HELP.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Was this an assurance given to you by an ebay Customer Service Rep? If so, don't believe it. Often, they will tell you almost anything to get you off the phone so that they can handle the next caller whose problem might be easier to fix.

What problem did you face with the tool?

If you are more specific, there may be sellers here who can help. Ones who have actually used it (unlike the CSR) or found a way to workaround it.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

mjwl - Yes Ebay said they were making a "report" and would have it fixed within 24-48 hours - and they would send me information when it was done. I made 3 calls to Ebay - got "cut off" twice! Then the final call where they assured me that they were making a report.

I have about 1000 items listed (all in Canadian Funds) but 200 more are in US Funds, and when I try to use the tool - it only shows about 780 that have already been converted. It does NOT show the 200 that are NOT converted.

They are waiting to be relisted.

I am so frustrated - and angry.

Any advice?

The Ebay people said it was because I missed the DEADLINE - and the tool does not exist anymore - that was call 1/

Call 2 said the problem was because I needed google Chrome - I AM USING GOOGLE CHROME- and they emailed me a link to the tool (I tried to go there and that link does not exist anymore).

FINAL CAll they finally admitted that there is a problem, promised to put in a "report" and that it would be fixed.

I have been trying since SUNDAY JULY 17, and it is still not working.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

My listings were all in CAD to start but with only 200 left, I think most of the users who've tried the tool would advise you to abandon it and do them one at a time. Or so I recall reading prior to this.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I did a quick search of your items for sale (944 listings) and I didn't see any USD listings.

From what I saw they all look like there in CDN funds. How many are in USD funds?

Before Jun.14/16 you could have easily changed your USD listings to CDN on eBay.ca when the "two currencies" option was still offered. 

I'm converting my USD listings on eBay.ca to eBay.com. I downloaded Turbo Lister 2 and will be moving them in bulk on or before the Aug.3/16 deadline. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Sorry, I didn't see this post, so you have another 200 USD listings left....

There is "no" deadline for the Migration Tool, CS is wrong.

There are many sellers with GTC USD listings that are still on eBay.ca. that haven't converted them to CDN or moved their listings to eBay.com (I'm one of them). 

Since you only have 200 left, you could manually relist them one at a time without too much effort starting on or after Aug.3/16. 

Be thankful you only have 200 to go....   

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks SILVERPINUPS for your support. I think the POINT of this is that EBAY created this issue, imposing this on Canadians. MY TIME is worth something - they should FIX the problem.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I suggest you bring your question to the eBay-Canada staff today:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/July-20th-2016-Weekly-Session/m-p/344902#U344902

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I wouldn't bother to use this tool and relist your items individually which is more safer than having hassle.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply