Judge Judy Undresses An eBay Scammer. Ouch.

Friendly Competitor shot this to me overnight & i just finished watching the episode.

I take it it is an old episode as i had never seen it previously.

Person buys two cell phones & was sent pictures of two cell phones.

Judge Judy just wipes the floor with this scammer.

Ouch, i think i would rather have a root canal.

Like the line " Why would you want to humiliate yourself in front of ten million people."

I guess this person was tossed from eBay.

Wonder if she was ever charged ? Small blurb at the end about the seller had scammed seven other people on the same auction.

I know i am usually late to the dance, but has anyone else seen this ?  Is it a real old episode ?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Thanks Pierre.

Wasn't sure if i would be allowed to post the episode.

I have only caught the program a few times but I don't recall her being this upset previously.

Bottom line, scammers always get caught.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

On one episode someone sold 3 fake Hermes Bags on eBay.

The buyer wanted to return them and Judge Judy ordered that the money be refunded.

On what grounds you ask.......:).

Just Judy pointed out that the buyer would not have complained if the bags were authentic.

Interesting Point.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

charged for what ? no laws were broken.

this is an older one, probably more than 5yr ago. people are dumb enough to spend $400 without actually reading what they just bought. the blonde got handsomely paid plus all expenses paid trip to LA for allowing Judy harass her in front of 10 millions, she was still snickering about it when Judy was calling her names. I am sure she got several sales job offers after the show, because this girl can sell tanning cream to Somalians.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I'm not an expert on US Law or Canadian Law for that matter.

I've watched the episode three times and still laugh at the smugness of the seller & how defiant she was right til the end.

Jude Judy pointed out the item, pictures, did not match the description of 4.9 ounces.

Busted.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Judge Judy was a judge at some point in her career.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Judy

But she was never a judge when she was doing the show. The participants at most were working within a civil contract to follow Ms. Shiendin's instructions -- and that seller had already shown what she thought of civil contracts.

She had no authority to back her judgements.

I notice that she was a Family Court judge in her professional life, before she became a performer. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

My God, I can't believe that you're sticking up for that arrogant thief. There WAS a crime committed. It was NOT as advertised. If you had looked at the ad you would have seen that it said the weight was 4.9 oz. Even if you want to get picky and say she still deserved what she got because it said phot only, Where do you find 2 pieces of paper that weigh 4.9 oz. That's just for starters!! It was NOT a photo, either. It was a photocopy on a piece of paper, NOT on photo paper. SMH

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

This is a very old thread from three years ago.  Why bring it back up?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply