Labels on the fritz again?

Anyone else having issues with PayPal labels not printing?

Using FireFox here.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Yay! FireFox is working for me again Smiley Tongue

Oh how I love being excited by something working again that shouldn't be broken as often as it is & that I know will be broken again! Smiley Frustrated

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

It was International Air Parcel going to France. I kept getting the msg when I clicked to pay and issue label that Paypal shipping was unavailable - sorry for the inconvenience.

It is possible that it was the address. It was very long. I have bad it happen in the past that the address was too long and Paypal asked me to shorten it. This might have been the problem this time.

I have also had the same problem with Expedited in Canada, but usually if I wait for a few minutes and try again it works.

For the few months I hold my breath when I try to generate the label

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

Usually when the address is too long it will tell you when you try to click onto the second page. Whenever I have that problem with an international label I take out the state/province if there is something in that field. If that doesn't work I use google to see how addresses in that country are supposed to be formatted to see if the info is in the right places.

Another alternative.......The other day I had an address to China that would not go through. I signed into Paypal.com/shipnow, entered the info and the label printed without a problem.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

I have the address issue come up before when it is too long. But as you said, usually you can't get beyond the first page. This time it was only when I got to the final pay and print label that I had the issue.

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last night I was purchasing shipping labels via PayPal and was amused that each time, the size of the label become smaller and smaller each time like less than 1/4 inches.  The next label became smaller by 1/4 inches.

There were a few times that I can change and increased the size but there is no feature there anymore, I am not sure why the feature is not there anymore the last 3-4 weeks.   Anyone knew or have any idea that we can take control and make the labels remain large?

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

@007steveb16 wrote:

Yay! FireFox is working for me again Smiley Tongue

Oh how I love being excited by something working again that shouldn't be broken as often as it is & that I know will be broken again! Smiley Frustrated

I knew it!!!

Now getting a "server error" when trying to print a label on both FireFox & Chrome!!

I'm so tired of this...

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

When this happens on Firefox, it is usually because Firefox has changed their browser in some way that has affected the way Paypal works. I can understand that Paypal cannot change things the second that Firefox does but it does seem to always take longer than it should have to.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

it seems to work now - I can use Firefox since 2 days (after using IE only for more than 4 weeks). 

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

I could and was using FireFox again up until today. Last week I had to use Chrome because FireFox was giving me errors.

Now, both FireFox & Chrome are giving me errors.

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

FireFox is now working again.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

When this happens on Firefox, it is usually because Firefox has changed their browser in some way that has affected the way PayPal works. I can understand that PayPal cannot change things the second that Firefox does but it does seem to always take longer than it should have to.

I use FireFox as my main browser. I have turned off automatic updates to notify me of updates in the FireFox user setting.  I always wait 2-3 weeks before manual updating. This way I avoid issues with eBay/PayPal not being current with the latest FireFox.

I have been doing this for 2-3 years now after I got burned with FireFox 15 being auto updated to FireFox 16 and nothing worked on eBay all weekend. I back installed FireFox 15 to get everything working.

I would suggest that others switch to notify of updates and manually update weeks later. The only issue with this is that FireFox will nag you every few hours to update to the latest version.

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Just had the strangest thing happen with printing paypal labels. Printed off several of them no problem.  Then I tried another one and received a message that this address was not available and it was a US address showing Canada as the country.  So I entered the correct address manually.  Paypal then spit out a label for a USPS parcel from a mailing address in Sherwood Oregon to another address in Corvallis Oregon to a completely different person and address than my buyer!  Tried cancelling the USPS label (printed on paypal.ca from my Canadian account) and it said try in one hour - information not available!  Unbelievable!  I got a USPS shipping label belonging to another seller for another buyer and it was charged to my account.  Hopefully it will at least let me void the label in an hour!  That's a first - getting a USPS label instead of Canada post for someone else and from someone else. 

Message 32 of 32
latest reply