Link gives item numbers attached to defects

http://eshopping.promotw.com/globalsellerapp/view/us

Some sellers have said that it isn't 100% accurate. It doesn't give the item numbers associated with low DSR's yet.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

I checked mine yesterday using this tool.

I found it to be 100% accurate, I also found the defects that eBay says I have are exactly as stated in the Update would be considered defects.

That said, 3 of my "defects" are buyers who were asking about their shipments which had not been received (were at least slightly overdue) which subsequently arrived within a few days.

In my opinion these are not really "defects" but if eBay wants to count them that way they should not allow cases to be opened until after the LAST estimated delivery date rather than the first estimated date.

On balance I should have several more defects but these were all issues that were resolved without eBay ever being aware of them.

Still, even if you include the defects I don't think should be defects plus the defects eBay doesn't realize happened I would still have to more than double my numbers to hit the 2% TRS cut-off.

Under the current (old) system I've been only one ding away from losing TRS for months so the new system is for me easier to maintain.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 44
latest reply

@recped wrote:

Under the current (old) system I've been only one ding away from losing TRS for months so the new system is for me easier to maintain. 

Is that because your volume is large enough to absorb the 2% defect rate?  I'm worried about these defects because I have relatively low volume/high price sales and the field of potential defects now seems a lot wider than the four DSRs I used to have to watch for.  Eight different areas to be exact.

By the way, where does this app originate and/or is it on a secure site?  I'm getting a bit cautious about opening any links lately. 

I'm also wondering if buyers can access it too.  There might be good and bad consequences from that.  Just musing...

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

OK, sorry, scrap that question about whose application this is -- I decided to live dangerously and clicked on the link in  'pj's post -- it's eBay's.  But where did you find it?  I didn't see it under the "Applications" tab in my summary, nor on the Dashboard. 

I thought the defect reports weren't going to be available until later in the year.  Just as well we have them now to get used to the new game.

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

How was this link found.

My result does not agree with the Dashboard.

ID numbers are wrong... takes one to listings that are not mine.....

Cannot find the page on Customer Support.

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

It has nothing to do with volume, sales volume really only comes into play if you do less than 250 transactions per year, then you have an advantage because you can have up 4 different buyers give you defects no matter what your percentage is.

The only "advantage" for large volume sellers is that their "defects" go away in 90 days.

I "wobbled" in the past because I was often only 1 ding away from losing TRS.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 6 of 44
latest reply

How was this link found.

The link to it is on your Dashboard!

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

ID numbers  of the sold items are wrong.

Dates for the problem transactions are correct... 

but the numbers of defects does not  agree with the Dashboard...

and then my old Dashboard shows up 

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

@recped wrote:

How was this link found.

The link to it is on your Dashboard!

I must be going blind.  I've looked all over the Dashboard, opened every link, and still can't get to it.  What exactly is the link called?  It doesn't seem to be under "Seller Performance Reports".  Thanks!

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

If you are looking at the new version of the dashboard there is a giant "ad" for it on the right

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

@recped wrote:

If you are looking at the new version of the dashboard there is a giant "ad" for it on the right

Thanks 'recped' -- I've just looked again, and it's not there on mine, giant or tiny.  Then it occurred to me that perhaps that is because I have no defects (??? duhhhh???).  I should say -- have no defects yet.  Yikes.

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

more investigation.

(1) ID numbers of transactions were wrong

(2) Dates of the problem transactions were correct.

(3) One of the listed transactions with a defect was over 12 months ago, but very close to April 19

Link not found anywhere on my new Dashboard....  will keep checking

Either that or I need ....new glasses... or ....a new computer....  or  .....whatever....

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

I found the big ad for it on .com. Not showing on .ca

It shows I have one. But when I check the item number ,the listing is not mine.

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

I was able to track the transaction using the date  and my email file of messages received....

I was able to confirm that the number  on one transaction was correct...

Perhaps eBay reuses ID numbers ....

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

I decided to live dangerously and clicked on the link in  'pj's post

Do you seriously think that I would post something that might be dangerous without a warning? Sheesh

Why are you so worried about the defects? You have 0 for the last year. Do you think the coming year is going to be much different?

Message 15 of 44
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

ID numbers  of the sold items are wrong.

Dates for the problem transactions are correct... 

but the numbers of defects does not  agree with the Dashboard...

and then my old Dashboard shows up 

That's what I meant when I said some sellers said their list is my wrong. One of my 'defects' is from March 2013 and imo there is a defect that shouldn't be a defect but other than that, mine seems accurate. It is a good thing that they are showing those info early so that they can get the bugs out.

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

@recped wrote:

If you are using FireFox with Ad Block Plus, the ad is not visible. Turn off AdBlock Plus for that page.

Message 17 of 44
latest reply

There is a lot of discussion on eBay.com about defects....and in many instances the discussion  has the appearance of paranoia...  

Let us stay focused on doing our best  and get a better understanding of the reality of this new way to evaluate sellers

Right now we are looking back 12 months  and we see what our defect rate would have been if the defect profile was established 12 months ago..

eBay is going to have problems if they deal with sellers based on what has happened......  

New rules as of today should not be applied using a rear view mirror..

The next three months will be the telling-tale....

If sellers have adjusted  in relation to the 9 months previous there should be no problems... in relation what has happened

One must also assume that there will be sellers who will not be able to make an adjustment....  more problems to come....for them.

A better understanding of defects ... how they are determined...  and in turn how they are applied to measure a seller's actions will occur.

Time will tell.... we will be vigilant.....

Message 18 of 44
latest reply

There is a lot of discussion on eBay.com about defects....and in many instances the discussion  has the appearance of paranoia... 

I agree. Paranoia as well as misinformation is quite common.

Right now we are looking back 12 months  and we see what our defect rate would have been if the defect profile was established 12 months ago..

eBay is going to have problems if they deal with sellers based on what has happened......  

New rules as of today should not be applied using a rear view mirror..

I totally agree. But obviously ebay doesn't agree and on August 20th, many will be judged by what happened in the previous year.

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

The August 20 evaluation date should only be for sellers with more than 400 sales over three months.... 

People evaluated over 12 months should be put on "notice to improve"... and only in 12 months from now should they and others with a high rate of defects  be evaluated fully for 12 months...

Or should eBay take three months of data and multiply by four????.... as indicator   of what the evaluation could be 12 months from now.....  an indicator and not a usable number 

Message 20 of 44
latest reply