Link gives item numbers attached to defects

http://eshopping.promotw.com/globalsellerapp/view/us

Some sellers have said that it isn't 100% accurate. It doesn't give the item numbers associated with low DSR's yet.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

I agree with you Rose.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the 20% Discount.

Unfortunately we run into PITAs who know how to work the system. & will continue to do so.

I will continue to sell with Honesty & Integrity, as all the regulars do, but what can we do ?

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

The following statement was found on eBay.com

Weekly Chat about Seller Performance Standards - April 14, 2014

In terms of which defects on transactions that are already more than 90 days old, sellers on a 12-month look back will be protected until the March 20, 2015 seller evaluation from selling limits or restrictions as a consequence of falling below eBay’s minimum standards strictly because of one or more of the defects that were not previously counted in standards:

• Opened cases
  • Detailed seller ratings of 3 for item description
  • Returns because the item was not as described
  • Negative or neutral feedback
  • Seller-cancelled transactions

link to 

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Weekly-Chat-about-Seller-Performance-Standa...

I hope that is true but I haven't been able to find that statement in the actual spring update announcements.

in the FAQ's

Over what period of time is my defect rate calculated?

As is the case today, sellers with 400 or more transactions over the past 3 months will be evaluated based on the past 3 month's transactions. The August 20 evaluation will be based on transactions from May 1 through July 31, 2014.

For sellers with fewer than 400 transactions over the past 3 months, the defect rate will be calculated based on transactions over the past 12 months. The August 20 evaluation will be based on transactions from August 1, 2013 through July 31, 2014.

If we are actually going to be protected, it is odd that isn't mentioned along with the statement above.

If someone else can find info about some of the defects not counting until March 2015, please post it.

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

What you don't  see in my current seller ratings are the opened cases that were closed by buyers, my seller-cancelled transactions, and a couple of erroneous neutral FB that I had buyers revise over the last year or so.  Granted, there weren't many of each of these, but certainly enough that if the present system had been in place, I would have racked up enough defects to put my TRS in jeopardy (or worse).  As you pointed out, buyers (and sellers) do make mistakes on occasion, but when that happens now, it may easily create a defect. 

You said that you don't have any defects showing on your dashboard right now...or did I misunderstand? You should see any defects that would have occurred in the last year including the ones that you just mentioned above. If you don't see any, you don't have any according to the new standards.

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

Thanks for posting a link.

I got 2 ,but not sure what is going on with ebay.

1st  deffect is for cancelled transaction.It's very strange to say at least.A transaction went (checked my archives) without any problem with happy seller(me) and happy buyer.So how it is a cancelled transaction ? Contact ebay about it is simply useless (as always),just waste of time. Man Sad

2nd deffect.After last Christmas a buyer from Germany opened a case for item not received.Within few hours case was closed (I ssued a full refund).So even though it counted as deffect !

IMHO the mayor deffects here are ebay's policies.What ever you do you will never be perfect.

I'm mostly in postcards and last change tor categories for Canadian cards is  just a disaster.

Ebay  still a good place to sell,but  surviving here is getting harder and harder.

Message 44 of 44
latest reply