List free – up to 2,000, 30-day fixed price listings until Oct 12

I just saw this in My eBay summary page and thought I'd share. I didn't get any e-mail or any message in my eBay message box for it.

This requires activation so it's an invite-only promotion.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/1007/ListFree.html

--------------------------------------

*Final value and optional upgrade fees apply.  No guarantee is made that any item will sell at a particular price, or at all.

**Fixed price listings utilizing Best Offer show an increase in sales by more than 50% when compared to listings that do not utilize Best Offer. Sales are defined as total dollar value sold.

Please note: Invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting “Activate offer” in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate.

What is the Promotion?

Invited sellers who activate the offer and then create a listing in the fixed price format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per item ("Promotion") for up to 2,000 listings during the Promotion Period (as defined below). All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan.

The Promotion only applies to listings with 30-day or Good ‘Til Cancelled duration, and does not apply to final value fees or optional upgrade fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax.  Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category. Please note: Not all upgrades are available in all listing flows.

Who's eligible?
This Promotion is available to invited sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page; and (iii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards.  Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?
This Promotion will begin on Wednesday, October 7, 2015, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Monday, October 12, 2015, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.com. For listings on www.ebay.ca, the Promotion will begin on Wednesday, October 7, 2015, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Monday, October 12, 2015, at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) (the “Promotion Period”).

How do I activate the Promotion?
Sellers that have been invited to participate will automatically receive the Promotion after they activate the Promotion from the invitation email or the Promotion landing page, and then create Qualifying Listings on the US site at www.ebay.com, eBay Motors atwww.ebay.com/motors (Parts & Accessories and Automotive Tools & Supplies only), or eBay Canada at www.ebay.ca through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. Any listings created prior to the time of activation will not be eligible for the Promotion. For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form (SYI 3.0), the Promotional Rate will not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "View Account Status" section in My eBay, as well as in your next invoice.

Restrictions & Exclusions.

• The Promotion excludes the following: items listed in the auction-style or auction-style with Buy It Now format and items listed with 3-day, 5-day, 7-day, or 10-day durations.
  • The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.
  • All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
  • The Promotion excludes listings created prior to a seller activating the offer or with a start date prior to Wednesday, October 7, 2015 (including those listings revised during the Promotion Period). Additionally, the Promotion excludes listings that are created during the Promotion Period, but scheduled to start after the Promotion Period. Listings created prior to Wednesday, October 7, 2015, but after a seller activates the Promotion, which are scheduled to start during the Promotion Period, are eligible for the Promotion.

Reference Code: 2854

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Got it.

Pay no insertion fees on 2,000 listings in 30-day or Good 'Til Cancelled duration.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I got this was to for a change.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Great, thats 2 in a row now I havent gotten...

thD

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

But if you list good till canceled ones it'd be automatically charged on day 30, isn't it?
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

It's 3 in a row for me with no invite!  Ebay must hate me!!! Smiley LOL LOL.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

But if you list good till canceled ones it'd be automatically charged on day 30, isn't it?

Yes, so if you don't want to continue the listing, use the 30 day.

If you are happy to have  a free month, or believe that you will sell out within the month use GTC.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

For me this is just working on .com not .ca

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

"For me this is just working on .com not .ca"

Once you have accepted the promo offer on .com, it will show up on your Selling Manager when you are logged in on eBay.ca

In reverse, if you first accepted the promo offer on .ca, it will show up on eBay.com once you log on eBay.com

It has been that way for quite some time when a seller has to accept an offer.  They only show on the site where you are logged in at the time.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thanks Pierre, I haven't been getting the promotions recently so I didn't realize that was the case. I rarely open .ca, and you are correct, the promotion and eligible listing are there.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It happened to me for 4th time in a row 2 years ago! 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Reminder: the promotion ends today.

Some sellers may consider ending fixed price listings scheduled to end in the next few days and relist them today for 30 days or GTC to get "free listings". 

I know I did.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I was thinking about listing some records but I got the promo after I had thrown 2 boxes full out in the trash. 

Too bad, they would have fit right in with all the other garbage that was re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re re listed.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply