Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

List free – up to 2,000, 30-day fixed price listings

Just in time to restock my store......

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I don't usually need these, but I thought I might this month.

The promotion is for items listed GTC style......... or at the least one I got is only for Good Till Cancelled.

Does that mean that one gets billed after 30 days for the second run or does that mean that there is never a charge for these items?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Hi, the promotion excludes Good Til cancelled...............

The Promotion excludes the following: re listed items, items listed in the auction-style or auction-style with Buy It Now format, and items listed with 3-day, 5-day, 7-day, 10-day or Good 'Til Cancelled durations.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

"The promotion is for items listed GTC style"

NO

This promotion is for fixed price listings (BIN) with a 30 day duration.

The Promotion excludes the following: relisted items, items listed in the auction-style or auction-style with Buy It Now format, and items listed with 3-day, 5-day, 7-day, 10-day or Good 'Til Cancelled durations.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

When I first posted I thought that this promotion was the same as the one I received.

When I saw that we have two different promotions I tried editing my post.

This is mine:  List free – up to 2,000, GTC fixed price listings............  etc.etc.

It says nothing about getting billed after 30 days for the second round but I'm suspicious.

It looks like they'll run until I cancel at no charge.

i don't want to list a bunch of GTC items only to find that I'm getting dinged every 30 days.

Does anyone have experience with my type of promo?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

GTC listings are always charged for every 30 days.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

GTC listings are always charged for every 30 days.

You're right.  I put my glasses on this time and re-read the details and it's there in the fine print.

That's tricky stuff!    

I mean stating that I can list for free until I cancel the listing, and then in the fine print qualifying that and saying that they didn't really mean GTC after all.  They really meant to say free for 30 days.

GTC is GTC....... not 30 days. (suspected there was a catch)

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

"up to 2,000, GTC fixed price listings"

Are you sure it states "GTC" ?

Do you still have the original message from eBay?  Mine came in and there was no reference to GTC in the title.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Yes,  I'm sure.   As I posted above:

List free – up to 2,000, GTC fixed price listings
Pay no insertion fees on 2,000, GTC fixed price listings.

Imagine if as a seller you were to list an item ............. say a subscription to a magazine for $X until the buyer opted to cancel the subscription......... or GTC.

Then, in the fine print added that the buyer would be billed every 30 days at the regular rate.

You'd be getting defects all over the place.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

"Are you sure it states "GTC" ?  Yes,  I'm sure. "

You should definitely contact eBay (maybe tomorrow during the Board Hour) about this problem.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I am reading on the eBay.com boards and apparently there are three promos going on at the same time.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/By-invite-2-000-FP-30-day-AND-GTC-Promo-5-26-5-31-No-relists/m-...

I clicked on the offer I got in My promotional offers for 30 day (no GTC) and was invited.

I clicked on the GTC promo link in the USA topic below and it said I was not invited.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/By-invite-2-000-FP-30-day-AND-GTC-Promo-5-26-5-31-No-relists/m-...

According to the above topic, there are 3 offers out there: 30 day Fixed price, GTC Fixed Price and 30 day or GTC fixed Price.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I was happy to see this one!  Note, however, that as before this promo is for newly listed items only.  As before, you can test using "Sell Similar" (which may or may not work), but you can't use Relist: 

"The Promotion only applies to listings with 30-day duration, and does not apply to relisted items, final value fees, or optional upgrade fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge-excluding any sales tax. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply."

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

"using "Sell Similar" (which may or may not work), "

For the purpose of this promotion, "Sell similar" works perfectly every time on both eBay.ca and eBay.com, whether a seller lists individually or use the "bulk" function.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"using "Sell Similar" (which may or may not work), "

For the purpose of this promotion, "Sell similar" works perfectly every time on both eBay.ca and eBay.com, whether a seller lists individually or use the "bulk" function.

Of course "Sell Similar" works. I don't know why the **bleep** eBay even bothers saying "no relist". 

I knew there was a promo as soon as I looked at the listings today. Full of the same dog**bleep** that has been listed hundreds of times before. Anything new is just lost in the noise. 

How many **bleep**ing times do you have to relist something to realize that it just isn't going to sell?

99.99% of what is listed is either **bleep** that is unsellable at any price or average items priced so ridiculously that they wouldn't sell in a 100 years. I guess if it costs nothing may as well fish for suckers. 

I'll go browsing for interesting items elsewhere for a few days. I'm sure eBay doesn't need my money anyway. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

I got the email 17 hours after the promo started lol. Fortunately it's the 30 days one not GTC.
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

FWIW, eBay does add a Note to GTC items that have been unsold for 16 months. They don't remove them, just let us know.

Sixteen months costs about 80 cents, so .....

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

It would be $1600 if that seller really listed 2000 items and never check their bills!
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I no longer use GTC for many obvious reasons.  One of them is when I am in the hospital and don't want them to be relisted, prefer to keep them in inventory for a few weeks or a month before I "relisted" them as some of them I need to revise them.  Another thing is it is too many of them and I don't want to have a HIGH bill.  That way I can have full control which items need to be "relisted" or not.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply