Listing Items And Template Keeps Changing

My listing template keeps changing - is it just me?  It is soooo annoying 😞

I go to edit an item and I can manually add the shipping charge, then I go to edit another item and I get a loooong list of  "payment method", "shipping" and "return policy" to choose from.

This is so annoying and can cause errors because the template keeps changing.

Is this happening to anyone else?

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I haven't noticed any problems like that.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes, this is exactly what has been happening for me too.  

And I agree -- it's extremely annoying.  Who knows whether it will be fixed?  They can't seem to keep anything working for long anymore. 

I've just given up, and fix the templates manually, over and over and over again.  What else can we do? Woman Sad

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The SYI form is full of errors and quirks - at least in my selling category (postcards).  It is systemic across all my operating systems and browsers.  Funny thing, it is very much more prevalent with my other selling account, and not this one.

My default business policies aren't accepted, Paypal option gets randomly unchecked, automatic relist option gets randomly checked, shipping information disappears.  That all happens on my other account and surprisingly not on this one.  At best, I can do seven "sell similar" listings before it screws up in some form or fashion.  Often it is consecutive listings.

Listing with this ID is fairly straight forward, but is so tedious on my other ID.

A huge pet peeve is the item condition setup - three choices allowed: "-", "New", and "Used".  If I want to add details, I must select "Used" then remember to revert back to "-".  That problem exists 100% of the time, and causes many revision episodes.

Listing a couple of hundred items takes so long due to theses idiotic and unnecessary errors.

I would use Turbolister, but unlike its name, it is so painfully slow - especially inserting images. It also has its own collection of annoyances...

So, to make you feel better, your not the only SYI listing victim...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

OK I thought I was going nuts!!

I take great care with my listings as I want to ensure that things go smoothly so having the templates change on me and having things disappear makes my job harder because I have to double and triple check - I shouldn't have to do that - I'm paying for a service that should work - albeit what I'm paying is not breaking the bank but still.

The consequences for a messed up/incorrect listing is not good 😞

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply