Listing currency - could not do US dollars

I have just listed two postcards for AUCTION and have assigned starting prices as $8.99 and $9.99 thinking it will be my default setting in US dollars.

Then I checked my items and noticed that starting prices are shown as Cdn dollars...

Attended both items trying to correct and did not get the option to switch - only Canadian dollars

Did anybody else experience such a restriction today or earlier?  

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

... further to previous message - revised items increasing starting prices by $3.00 to have approximately what I wanted in US dollars

Message 2 of 78
latest reply

One of the brainiacs will be along, but, I believe there is a short form and the regular form. You may be in the short form.

Use the long form and you can choose your currency. I "think" that when listing on ca on the short form, it defaults to Cdn.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 78
latest reply

I just tried to do two "sell similar item" for two books...  And was not able to chose the currency - Canadian $$ only.

Called eBay trying to find the solution or to hear that  "FROM NOW ON CANADIAN DOLLARS ONLY"  but the person was not able to help me... he asked for my phone number and promised to call later today.

At the same time I used SELL SIMILAR ITEM on one of my unsold item and the system assigned US dollars as was before...

Seems such a restriction applies to new listings only    

Message 4 of 78
latest reply

Listed yesterday in $ USD no problem, today new listing switched me to Canadian Dollars, but I had option to Choose a currency.

Message 5 of 78
latest reply

I just listed on com and I am fine.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 78
latest reply

I wanted to see your listing(s) of today, but did not find any - the newest is with July 23, 2015 date.   

Can you provide an item number for today's listing?

Thank you for trying to help!

Message 7 of 78
latest reply

I can do list on com because quite often I provide FREE SHIPPING to Canadian buyers and for this reason I will not switch to com.

Message 8 of 78
latest reply

I mean I can not list on com...

Message 9 of 78
latest reply

Message 10 of 78
latest reply

Sell similar on .ca from my CAN$ listings still gives me a choice.  For sure once an item is live you've never been able to change the currency

I wouldnt be surprised if you've encountered a glitch, thay did just change something.  Months after they announced they were going to, they've finally removed the "15% more likely to sell in US$" line that has been there for over a decade.  Wouldn't surprise me if they did something to default to CAN$ and it didn't work as intended.  Being thats usually how it goes here.  

Message 11 of 78
latest reply

Obviously the blocks issue won't occur on .com being CAN$ has never been an option

Message 12 of 78
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

Sell similar on .ca from my CAN$ listings still gives me a choice.  For sure once an item is live you've never been able to change the currency

I wouldnt be surprised if you've encountered a glitch, thay did just change something.  Months after they announced they were going to, they've finally removed the "15% more likely to sell in US$" line that has been there for over a decade.  Wouldn't surprise me if they did something to default to CAN$ and it didn't work as intended.  Being thats usually how it goes here.  

Yep, very much agree.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 78
latest reply

If I do SELL SIMILAR on UNSOLD item, the system preserves US billing, but if I do SELL SIMILAR on ACTIVE item I have no US currency anymore...

And all fixed shipping costs should be changed...

Tried to do RELIST and system preserved US currency

So easy to make errors now... 

Message 14 of 78
latest reply

I dont have any US$ on .ca to try.  My CAN$ listings behaving the same as always

In other news, look at AMZN stock today!  Its market cap gained more then the entire value of ebay this morning

Message 15 of 78
latest reply

I just listed 3 new items all in US currency which is fine, but a fourth item (sell similar) automatically listed in Canadian dollars. I called eBay CS who had me end the listing and then reset currency as US. It worked but for sure I (we) will have to be vigilant since it happened without my instructions to do so.

Message 16 of 78
latest reply

Thank you for sharing this info...
received phone call from CSR - he will call me within half an hour, so we can will work on it together - he says that seems that SIMILAR ITEM road is working... Will everybody know about the solution (if found)
Message 17 of 78
latest reply

I tried a sell similar and it also would only list in Canadian $.  The shipping also Canadian $.  I don't want Canadian, let me get back to US $.

Message 18 of 78
latest reply

I know how to do it now...

We can not correct through revisions, we can deal with it through SELL A SIMILAR ITEM

If you have the ACTIVE or SCHEDULED listing(s) that came up against your wish in Cdn dollars, the following procedure should be implemented:

- attend this item and on top of the screen press SELL A SIMILAR ITEM

- on top (under the CATEGORY) is a field CHOOSE A CURRENCY with a drop-down menu

- choose US DOLLARS

- in your item's title make a small deviation from the original listing to enable the system to consider this as  DIFFERENT ITEM

(for my items I delete the year of the publishing)

- THEN YOU SHOIULD BE ABLE TO RELEASE THE LISTING IN us DOLLARS

- after this delete the listing which is in Cdn dollars

- then attend the proper listing in US dollars and REVISE it correcting the title as you want to be...  (I add the year of publishing).

Hope I explained it clearly

But please feel free to ask for clarifications.

Good luck!

Message 19 of 78
latest reply

Today I listed from sell similar with fixed price (in US currency from the beginning) new listing started in CAN, I had to change it. I did it on eBay Canada, not dot com. For reference item number: 321815259946

Message 20 of 78
latest reply