Listing in U.S DOLLARS

fOR A LONG TIME I HAVE ALWAYS LISTED IN U.S Dollars but Know I can only list in Canadian Dollars. What happened and how can I list again in U.S Dollars.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

They changed it so that if you want to list in U.S. $ you have to use the advanced listing form, not the short form. To get to the advanced form from the short one, click on the link on the top right of the page.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

The reason for the change is that management at eBay.ca now feels it is preferable for Canadian sellers to list in Cdn$.

For fifteen years eBay.ca recommended (rightly or wrongly) to list in US$.  Current data suggests listing in Cdn$ would be preferable.

There was an interesting discussion on the subject a few weeks ago.  I invite you and all readers interested on the subject to take a look at:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Time-to-list-in-Canadian-Dollars/m-p/300364#U300364 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

I'm trying but cannot see the link you have referred to.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

This is an old thread from 2015.

Check the announcement board for recent announcements and policy changes.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

@pogo_16 wrote:

I'm trying but cannot see the link you have referred to.

This an old thread from 2015.

eBay.CA new listings as of last month (June 2016) must be in Canadian $ -- there are lots of forum threads about this.

If you want to list in US$ you must now list on eBay.COM as a non-USA seller.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

I know this is an old thread, but I  just found out that if you use the Ebay app, Canadians can still list in U.S. dollars. 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

I can confirm this. I just checked the most recent version of the app on my iPhone and I was able to still choose between CAD or USD when setting the price on a listing.

This may be something worth bringing to the attention of eBay staff during the next Weekly Chat Session, which should open up some time tomorrow.
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

"I was able to still choose between CAD or USD when setting the price on a listing."

Reality check:  Have you actually done it?  I mean list on eBay.ca in US$?

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

No. I have no items to list, nor am I personally interested in selling in USD, so I am not sure if a listing can actually be completed on the app with USD selected. Perhaps another user has tried it and knows.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

"... so I am not sure if a listing can actually be completed ..."

I am 100% sure.  It cannot.

The current eBay.ca website simply cannot handle US$ listings, not even one.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

Yes, I understand. I know USD listings are no longer available on .CA, but the fact the drop-down menu is still available in the app for .CA sellers, even if you can't complete the listing with the option selected, is confusing.

For the record, when I attempted to complete a listing, the app gave this message: "To list your item, update your currency to Canadian dollars (CAD). Remember to update your item and shipping prices, too. (Application.Trading.121919457)"

I still feel this is an issue worth bringing to the attention of eBay staff, and I will do so when the Weekly Chat thread opens tomorrow.
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

The drop down is also available on regular listings, however you won't be able to list in US $.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

By "regular listings", do you mean the website? I don't see the drop-down on the website, just "C $" beside the boxes to enter an amount. I only see a drop-down on the app.

Just to clarify, I'm not concerned about this because I want to list on .CA in USD. I just think having a drop-down with the option when we can't use it in the first place is confusing.
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

@thestuffofchris wrote:
By "regular listings", do you mean the website? I don't see the drop-down on the website, just "C $" beside the boxes to enter an amount. I only see a drop-down on the app.

Just to clarify, I'm not concerned about this because I want to list on .CA in USD. I just think having a drop-down with the option when we can't use it in the first place is confusing.

Drop down choice of US$/CA$ still shows on the older version of the listing software (the newer version does not have it) -- probably will be there until the older version software is completely phased out....

Selecting US$ just gives an error message about not being a valid choice.

-..-

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I've had the new listing form since they first started phasing it in many months (a year?) ago so I haven't seen a drop-down for currency in a long time.
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

Is it possible to convince Ebay to return to their old currency stratagies? Listing in non-US funds for what I deal in is losing money right off the bat.
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

It's now been over 2 years..

Would love it if sellers still had the choice of USD or CDN,  but I see no way that eBay will ever revert back to that system. Using.com site is the only way for Canadian sellers to take advantage of listing in USD.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2015

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Listing in U.S DOLLARS

mb2069
Community Member
It's complete **bleep** that you can't list in US funds on the .ca site.
Message 20 of 21
latest reply