Listings on ebay.ca and sent to USA buyers finding tracking not validated?

I've just noticed something alarming with my Canada Post USA Tracked Packets to USA. It appears that orders sent using Tracked Packet are not counting as VALIDATED in my dashboard. I do realize the different between Tracking uploaded and Tracking uploaded within handling time and Tracking uploaded and validated by carrier. 

I'm talking specifically about Tracking Uploaded and validated by carrier here. It looked like my numbers were not being updated as they should and, since more of my higher-priced items are selling, I've utilized Tracked Packet more than Small Packet to USA yet this is absolutely being counted as among the not validated on the 'Create a report to see which of your transactions did not meet the tracking upload requirement'. At least half of the ones shown as not meeting the criteria for validated were, in fact, sent with tracking. This is currently holding me back from making the top-rated seller in USA designation. 

My question is: is this a known error and/or technical glitch? Or am I just lucky for some reason? USA Tracked Packet shows as Canada Post Expedited Flat Rate Box USA in the sales records; it has since the moment it was introduced in Paypal Shipping. I've never known the reason for that and, quite frankly, couldn't care but now I'm wondering if this is the problem. 

Any thoughts? I don't think my blood pressure at the moment can handle the standard two-hour call to ebay Customer Service explaining this to eight different reps before finding the right one. I thought I'd look here first.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Instead of wasting two hours on the phone with agents who generally do not understand the Canadian business, I suggest you write directly to raphael@ebay.com with full details of the problem (he is based in Toronto). 

Expect a reply within 24 hours.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Instead of wasting two hours on the phone with agents who generally do not understand the Canadian business, I suggest you write directly to raphael@ebay.com with full details of the problem (he is based in Toronto). 

Expect a reply within 24 hours.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

IMPORTANT FOLLOW-UP

Before making contact with ebay using the email you supplied, I wanted to make sure I was correct in my fears and it turns out I was not. This was no technical error/glitch. It was a human error and mine alone. I read the wrong report. (Duh.) 

Anyway, I'm the first to admit when a mistake made was mine so this was it for certain. There is no funky business with tracked packet items not being recognized as such. I was careless with what I was looking at. I hope I didn't cause others to worry about their own needlessly. My apologies. 

M

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Always be vigilant.... Take care and work to make it happen.

We all listen.... and many could be one step from saying they do or do not have the same problem... or ... glitch 

I was very much ready to jump in ..... and say .... No problem here!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

mjwl2006,

Why don't you ship USPS? IT is very quick and can be done from Canada. There is a company that does that in Toronto and another in Vancouver. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply