Loss of Top-Rated seller discount

As I am no longer getting the 20% discount, and not a TRS anymore because most of my packages are letter mail or light package, I am thinking of changing my shipping time to 2 days.

My husband recently had major surgery, and I don't drive, so I have to find someone to mail for me every day. Also, because of reduced sales, I often have to pay tax on my US packages if they don't amount to $5.

Can anyone advise me if this is going to negatively affect my placement of listings?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Looks like you are a TRS with the badge on .ca but not on .com and should be getting the discount as before.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

"As I am no longer getting the 20% discount,"

Check your Dashboard on eBay.ca, not eBay.com

Do you see the 20% rebate on .ca ?

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

That's interesting, I was looking on .com, the discount usually shows there. Yes, you are correct, it is still on .ca. I guess i will keep doing my 1 day shipping. Thanks for the replies.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Hi Tribe! I have always shipped in 2 business days. (I normally ship on Mon,Wed,Fri) I'm a TRS but can't be a TRS plus because of that.....

I believe my placement is ok, however there are a lot of things that combine to help placement like free shipping, multiple items etc. I see "bad" sellers with high placement because their item sells a lot....they aren't a TRS yet their listings come up first because their multiple item sells well.....

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I was only recently notified that I am a TRS... not a plus...  on eBay.com

I get the 20 % discount because of this TRS standing on eBay.com.

Must be something new as of August evaluation...

Was already a TRS on eBay.ca with that 20 % discount.

Something new.... OP should check the Dashboard in relation to US standing..... 

Is this standing on eBay.com important.... Must wait and see.

---------------------------------------------

My listings state shipping within 3 days....  However,  it is usually 2 days,  and in many times even less.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

I was only recently notified that I am a TRS... not a plus...  on eBay.com

I get the 20 % discount because of this TRS standing on eBay.com. <---- ?????

Must be something new as of August evaluation...

Was already a TRS on eBay.ca with that 20 % discount.

Something new.... OP should check the Dashboard in relation to US standing..... 

Is this standing on eBay.com important.... Must wait and see.

---------------------------------------------

My listings state shipping within 3 days....  However,  it is usually 2 days,  and in many times even less.

To get 20% discount on all sales, all you need is TRS on eBay.ca. No need for TRS (regular or plus) on ebay.com to get the discount. TRS on ebay.com is good for better search placement and whatever perks a TRS gets on eBay.com.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

For my standing on eBay.com  I received the following notification...

Congratulations! You've been a Top Rated Seller in United States for at least 3 consecutive months. That means you're entitled to additional exclusive benefits that can help you keep your Top Rated Seller status.

No mention of the discount.... for eBay.om

The 20 % discount comes with the TRS standing on eBay.ca

My brain must be a bit off...... An 10 year nightmare is back.....and I have to deal with that  and more....

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Yes, it says TRS on the .com dashboard, but not on the actual listings.

For some reason I thought that in order to get the 20% discount, you had to state 1 day shipping. I would love to do 2 day, by the time my husband starts chemo I don't know if he will be up to driving too much.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

As mentioned you could change your shipping time and still remain a TRS on .ca and still continue to get your 20% discount.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

There is TRS and TRS plus on .com There is no badge on .com for TRS but there is a badge for TRS plus.

Canadians get the 20% either way and actually just need TRS on .ca

TRS plus is supposed to get the best placement for listings but you need uploaded and validated tracking, 1 day shipping and min 14 day returns. (longer during Christmas)

For Canadians the TRS status is based on sales and defects. We are supposed to get better placement than non TRS sellers. I say supposed to because no one knows how much this really does affect placement.

Just fyi in order for a U.S. seller to be a TRS and receive a discount they still must upload and validate tracking even though we don't. Their requirements for TRS plus are the same as ours.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shipped nearly 99% of them with tracking number and yet I lost my 20% discount for some reasons unknown to me!  Both on eBay.ca and eBay.com!!  My feedback is 100% and still I lost my 20% discount for something I am not aware for why?? 

Go figure, nothing is safe for sellers regarding that I ma using mail service with tracking number!!

Or unless it is because I get too many "where is my item?" even with those that has tracking number which they didn't check them and when I informed them of their tracking numbers, they go "oops!" and too often they get them the next day or two days and still I get those defects just because they are impatient!!  Even they thought I am in Canada when it is clearly shows Ship from Canada.

Again, nothing is safe with sellers nowadays, regardless of what.  eBay just prefer to be more busy to find ways to penalize sellers all the time.  Thanks eBay!

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

" I lost my 20% discount for something I am not aware for why?? "

Maybe some of the more experienced posters here could help if we knew what to look for.  Using a posting ID prevents that.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Your seller dashboard should tell you what the problem is. What is your defect rate for the U.S. and for Global sales?

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I am sorry your husband is sick.  I wish him a speedy recovery and all the best to you.  

Olga

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Thank you so much Olga, it's a difficult time. I appreciate you kind thoughts.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Honeybed, one thing that happens more often than you might think is say you sell an item on Aug 1 at 1 a.m. eastern to someone in California. So, when you look at your selling manager in .ca, it will show that you sold the item on Aug 1 and you could quite possibly decide to ship it Aug 2.

However, surprise surprise (!!) your item actually sold on July 31 in California and believe it or not - that is what counts for TRS on .com. The dates that show in your own selling manager on .ca are not what the system recognizes. This is a glitch. I have tried to get it corrected or acknowledged - gonna have to try again here soon. That's one thing you might check.

Another possible issue is sometimes Fedex tracking numbers don't register in the system and somehow don't get picked up as uploaded within the timeframe or  "confirmed by carrier"

Message 17 of 17
latest reply