MBG & Buyer no longer wants

So I have a couple of the new returns that the Buyer have selected the no longer want the item.

We sell all our items to USA & Canada with "FREE" shipping.

I do accept buyer fault returns with a 20% restock to cover/partially cover our original shipping cost to the buyer.

The new MBG does not seem to allow for this "policy"

I have refunded both buyers purchase price less the original shipping cost or  less 20% (Subtracting the lower amount)   I also message the buyers with their refund amount and explanation, so far with no apparent backlash. 

The eBay Sales Manger still shows two refunds pending with the with held amount. 

Has anybody actually called eBay to ask about this situation? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK there in a solution ...  

Yesterday I escalated the return to a case by using the  "Ask eBay to step in option"  with the reason of "other" an put the following in the details box.

Our refund Policy on Buyer fault returns is the item is subject up to a 20% restocking to cover our original cost of shipping to the buyer. I should not be out money because the buyer decided they no longer need these custom made to order decals. Our original cost of shipping in this case was $XX.XX CAD, I have refund the buyer all but $XX.XX USD in concordance with my return policy which is stated on all our listing. If you need further clarification please call me at 705-XXX-XXXX (Greg)

a few hours later I received this message from eBay

Hi decal-fx,

eBay opened a case because of an issue with an item purchased from you. We reviewed the case and have decided to issue the buyer a refund of US $X.XX without any impact to you. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping.

This case is now closed. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation.

You can view the details of the case in the Resolution Centre.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The MBG doesn't cover returns so this would be covered by the new return system. The last return that I had, the system actually gave me the option to refund the full amount of the amount less original shipping but that was different than your situation because I did originally charge for shipping.

I remember a while ago on one of the U.S. boards a seller asked about a similar situation as yours and the rep said that the only way to recover the original 'free' shipping is by setting up a restocking fee through the ebay hassle free returns program. It's possible that they have changed things since then but it doesn't sound as if they have.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Sorry wrong about the terminology saying MBG.  I guess I'll try to ask about this on the Weekly Board Hour Session this Wednesday, before wasting time on the phone with a CSR. thanks for your input PJ

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is MBG?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Money Back Guarantee 

@Anonymous wrote:

What is MBG?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh!!  I would never thought of it as it is a new one.  I hate that one now as it encourages potential scammers and too many returns which I am sure many of us will experience the up coming months.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

OK there in a solution ...  

Yesterday I escalated the return to a case by using the  "Ask eBay to step in option"  with the reason of "other" an put the following in the details box.

Our refund Policy on Buyer fault returns is the item is subject up to a 20% restocking to cover our original cost of shipping to the buyer. I should not be out money because the buyer decided they no longer need these custom made to order decals. Our original cost of shipping in this case was $XX.XX CAD, I have refund the buyer all but $XX.XX USD in concordance with my return policy which is stated on all our listing. If you need further clarification please call me at 705-XXX-XXXX (Greg)

a few hours later I received this message from eBay

Hi decal-fx,

eBay opened a case because of an issue with an item purchased from you. We reviewed the case and have decided to issue the buyer a refund of US $X.XX without any impact to you. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping.

This case is now closed. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation.

You can view the details of the case in the Resolution Centre.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply