MIGRATION TOOL - I FIGURED THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN

Hello fellow suffering Canadian eBay sellers. I hope some of you are enjoying the long weekend. The migration tool told me I had 1442 listings to migrate, which I thought was too low a number. Thanks to a great tip from "reallynicestamps" I have completed those listings. (The tip was to sort listings by title, which makes finding duplicates a lot easier and quicker. Thank you very much reallynicestamps.)  It wasn't fun or profitable. Next step was to bulk edit all of my listings on .com to make sure my shipping was set up the way I wanted. No such luck. When I tried to edit the first 500 listings I was told 118 of them couldn't be edited because they were created on .ca. I figure I have another 1000 listings that the migration tool hasn't picked up. I've sent an email to Raphael, but meanwhile does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this problem? Thanks, Al 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

bump
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I am having the same problems. I called ebay Canada and the person I spoke to was clueless. It's almost like I'm the first one to call about this problem, although reading some of these posts, I know there are a lot of us. You'd think with something this big, they would have figured out all the problems before putting out a program that doesn't work. I did see a note that said "For what it's worth, we will soon be enhancing the tool with a "reprocess" feature, allowing you to create drafts again on items that either didn't work properly or for which the new draft was lost for any reason. This will allow you to re-migrate those items that didn't work." but it doesn't give a clue as to when

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The ebay.ca listings in my store all have flat rate shipping to the USA, Canada, and Worldwide, but when I select "Complete Draft" on ebay.com I get a message that says "A shipping service is not specified."  I spent a lot of time creating shipping details for the original listings, and Ebay says flat rate shipping costs are supposed to be transferred to the new listings on ebay.com.  But this is clearly not the case, as I have to edit each individual listing and add the shipping information (again!) on ebay.com.  What a waste of time!  Good thing I didn't upgrade my store and create more listings prior to this migration as I had previously been considering. 

Also, If I have a store with 250 GTC listings/month, will I get double-charged for listings I migrate this month from ebay.ca to ebay.com?  This would be adding insult to injury.  This unnecessary migration is already exceptionally time-consuming as a seller.

I am extremely dissatisfied with Ebay right now.  This is a waste of time and money for me, and there is no justifiable reason for requiring sellers to make this change.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The new and improved Migration Tool has stopped working again.

Correnctions inserted don't take.

Also It tells me I have 794 listings to migrate.

I think I have about five.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply