Migrating listings to eBay.com because of the currency issue

Hi,

I only sell in USD on ebay.ca. So, because of eBay's new system, I have no choice, but to migrate listings to eBay.com.

How can I be sure that it's been done properly?

After that's done, do I need to close my eBay.ca account so I don't get charged two times for listing fees and store fee?

What's the next step? Why are they even doing this and causing confusion? Complete nonsense by eBay.....

Thank you in advance to whoever will help me.

Regards,

AP

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

No you do not need to close your .ca account.  Listing on .com doesn't mean that you are now registered on .com, it just means that you are a .ca seller listing on another site.  You are allowed to list on any eBay site.  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks a lot for your reply./ But do you think that I should remove my listings from .ca?

AP

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You can not leave them on .ca in $US.

If you want to leave them on .ca, you will have to change all the currency to $C

If you move them all to .com, you can leave the currency in $US

Either way, you are going to have a fair bit of work to do

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

"But do you think that I should remove my listings from .ca?"

In my opinion, based on your listings and few sales you have experienced so far., I would convert the listing prices into Cdn$ and leave the listings on eBay.ca

I would also change some pictures or description.  When I see a "Pendant Necklace"  in the title with a pendant and a chain in the picture, I expect to get what I see.  However, your descriptions indicates that the chain is not included but can be purchased separately.

That is bad business.  Most potential buyers who take the time to read will be disappointed.  Those who rely on the picture (most buyers) will be filing claims against you and requesting refunds after they receive less than expected, less than shown in the image

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It's taken me two long days of very tedious work to move 400 listings to .com. Switching to CAD on .ca would be just as bad. Can't say I'm in love with eBay right now. I'd much rather be making new listings.....

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Do you want/need Calculated Shipping for your items?

Most seem to have Shipping Included/Free Shipping.

If you want to use Calculated Shipping you should stay on dotCA and list in loonies.

Remember your customer sees your prices in Search in his own currency. (That is, if he is on dotCA ,he sees the price in loonies. If he is on dotCOM, he sees the price in USD. If he is on eBayGermany, he sees the price in euros. )

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I've sent you a bunch of messages. You have more work to do. sorry.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply