Migration Tool has lots of problems and there is nowhere to get help!

If you are not very careful, it lists items you've already sold. If you don't find and delete each item you've listed on the opposite site, you'll have your item listed on both sites. Some items you want to send to the other site are  not available to do so, You can see the items but the check box isn't there. I don;t understand why a company as big as ebay Canada hasn't got someone to make a simplel program that works properly given how much time they've had and why there is nowhere to get answers. 

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Migration Tool

RIP

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

Hello all

So the last day to list in US dollars on CA is June 1 or June 14 ?

Thanks a bunch

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

June 14th til extended again

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Are you removing the active content also (Auctiva Scrolling gallery, Sellathon counter) at the same time to be compliant with the new 2016 Spring Seller Update active content restrictions coming in 2017? Or are you keeping it simple and just converting to CAD at this time and use the Auctiva tools this year and remove later?

Auctiva can remove the gallery and counter for you if you put in a support ticket. You could wait until 2017 to ask them to do this. Perhaps they will have a replacement gallery that has no active content before 2017.

I've used Auctiva for years, and so far they've always done an excellent job of keeping up with changes on eBay so that all newly created listings on Auctiva are compliant.  

I do expect they'll do the same with the scrolling gallery (i.e. either make it static if that's possible, or provide a tool to subscribers to remove it from old listings).  However, it's been such a feature of theirs for years that I can't imagine they'll be happy about being forced to abandon it. 

Or -- perhaps they will work out some sort of arrangement with eBay to grandfather the existing scrolling galleries. 

At any rate, eBay's latest policy and rule changes have been such a hard blow for me, I'm not even sure I'll be here in 2017, so I'm leaving all my scrolling galleries as they are. 

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Are you also preparing for the new mobile description rules at this time? Or are you keeping it simple and just converting to CAD at this time?

____________________________________________________________________________________

I know your question wasn't directed to me, but for my new listings I've been inserting the HTML tags we were given by Raphael around the text I want eBay to use as my summary.  The problem is, I don't own an Iphone, so I have no idea whether they're actually working as they should. 

Incidentally, I should add that, for anyone using Auctiva to compose new listings, if you insert those tags around text within the Auctiva description box, once you preview or save the listing, the tags disappear.  I'm hoping this is a good thing, and that they have actually "stayed put".  

I have no idea what I'm doing with this stuff, just doing as I'm told and hoping for the best.  I really do not want an eBay bot composing listing summaries for me! 

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:
You might benefit from using some of the features Auctiva has to make listing easier. You should be able to convert from USD to CAD directly in Auctiva. I know you are working with eBay because you know eBay.

I realize you're referring to a different situation (.ca to .ca change of currency), but I thought I'd mention that I tried to convert some of my listings on Auctiva from $Cdn (on .ca) to $US in order to list on .com, and it wasn't possible.  Auctiva apparently has completely separate functions for .ca and .com.  

There are of course still two currency choices (and the ability to convert) when listing through Auctiva on the .ca site only, but that may soon change, I don't know.  So for anyone staying on .ca, but wanting to switch from $US to $Cdn listings within .ca, you're right, this is the easiest thing to do.  

However, for switching $US listings from .ca to .com, I did find that if I opened Auctiva in one browser (showing the .ca listing), and also opened Auctiva on another, I could start up a new $US listing on .com and just cut and paste my information from the old .ca listing to the new one.  A bit tedious, but it sounds better than what's happening with the Migration Tool.  

Photos were no problem because I have them all organized in folders on Auctiva, so I just picked them up again, watching the old listing to check that they were in the same order.  

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

You can change .ca listings to .com and vice versa on Auvtiva in another way which I think is easier....

Go to the listing that you want to change in saved listings

Click on save

click on create a similar listing and then changethe site on the top right

You still have to enter a category, item details and shipping but the other information will already be there

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

Adjusting listings to meet the requirement of listing in Canadian dollars on eBay Canada can be done with several options.

(1) Staying on eBay Canada.

It was my choice to Bulk edit  item price and shipping cost.... and then .....

The conversion from US dollars to Canadian dollars has involved the ending of a listing, and  the process of converting from US to Canadian dollars occurred just before the listing was relisted.

(2) Moving from eBay Canada to eBay.com,  and continue with the selling in US dollars..

From personal experience....back in 2008 ... it was possible to move my listings from eBay.com to eBay Canada...... using Turbolister. 

Moving listings from eBay Canada to eBay.com also involves the use of Turbolister....... All listings are uploaded to Turbolister.... from eBay Canada...  

All of the appropriate  revisions to shipping cost and selling site  to be used, (and perhaps more) are made to a listing while it is on Turbolister...  

The listing can then be uploaded to  eBay.com.

(3) And... to those that use Auctiva...  It appears that ....The process of moving from eBay Canada to eBay US can be done using Auctiva....  Somewhat similar to what is possible  with the use of Turbolister.

- - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

The most important part of these processes is that a listing is adjusted... one-at-a -time.  

As of today ... May 25 ... one-third of my listings will be  converted...

.... 100 % safe...I am in total control of the process ...... and there have been no complications...

My listings are safe on eBay Canada... and on June 15 I will be selling in Canadian dollars on eBay Canada.

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

I ended and deleted 6 items to take to a collectibles sale.  They are NOT listed at all.  But with the migration tool search all 6 show up in "unprocessed" and "active"  not ended, but active.  I have refreshed and ............I so do not trust this tool.  I feel like I need to end everything and start over.  Those 6 items are memorable but what about another small item that is sold, that I don't recall and list because "the tool" says active and unprocessed?

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

After June 1, you will not be able to make NEW listings on dotCA in USD, but your existing USD listings will be grandfathered until August. 

I've read so many threads and posts about the new .ca policy and I'm still confused about a couple of issues.

First, has there been a change to the eBay announcement that:

To give sellers more time to take advantage of the tool, we will extend support for USD listings on eBay.ca to June 13th. Beginning on June 14th, any new listings created on eBay.ca will need to be listed in Canadian dollars.

Femme, I'm not sure I understand the grandfathered date.  If the latest we can list in USD is June 13th, and the maximum listing duration is 30 days, how could any listing end in August?

Also, can someone confirm that all listings migrated to .com will be considered "new" listings against which your free listings will count or a fee levied, even though there is time remaining on the .ca listing .... as well, changing the .ca listing from USD to CAD will constitute a new listing?  If so, then not only will this be very time consuming but very costly as well.  I haven't added any new listings to this I.D. for a while so these won't take too long, but I have over 200 on another account.  Just typing this makes me so angry .... it's insane.  So much time to be devoted to current listings, with no time left for new listings. 

Message 30 of 37
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

... I'm not sure I understand the grandfathered date.  If the latest we can list in USD is June 13th, and the maximum listing duration is 30 days, how could any listing end in August?

applies to GTC - Good 'till Cancelled listings

Example: a GTC listing in US$ on .ca that is made June 13 will keep renewing until August 13, when it will stop renewing.

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@jt-libra wrote:

... I'm not sure I understand the grandfathered date.  If the latest we can list in USD is June 13th, and the maximum listing duration is 30 days, how could any listing end in August?

applies to GTC - Good 'till Cancelled listings

Example: a GTC listing in US$ on .ca that is made June 13 will keep renewing until August 13, when it will stop renewing.

Of course ..... thanks.

Well, that could buy us (me) some time.

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

jvk74
Community Member

This really is ridiculous.  I can see no reason why they need to have the tool create new listings for each US listing, then have you go through and delete all the old ones.  Why can't they just make the tool simple?  ... Do you wish to change your US$ listings to CDN$.  Click on "yes" and all your listings simply get converted (both listing and shipping currency).

After phone conversations with at least 6 ebay represetatives (most knew very little about the migration tool themselves and had to search for an answer and get back to me), I found out that after the august deadline, your good til cancelled items will simply go into your unsold file when they expire.  Then the only listing currency available will be cdn$, so when you go to relist them, they will automatically list in $cdn.  You may just need to adjust the $ amount for exchange.  I expect this method will be much faster and simpler than using the migration tool.  I repeatedly asked the representative to confirm that this method would work, and she said it would.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

So I have 295 items that have ended a few minutes ago, and still no working migration tool.....

So what E-Bay, are we supposed to stop selling and miss sales until you fix the problem????

Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

Ebay says...."Suck it up and do it manually, cause we don't really give a xx". Ebay continues to cater to the small time home seller without any regard for corporate discipline. Either it's own or larger  others.

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

Am on the line with Customer support............... for 25 minutes now.

First agent (not sure I should name her) was only registering that I called about migration tool not working (like it is something new to them) and was only typing my info and not offering any suggestions, just passing my call via e-mail to tech support.

Got a bit more insistent saying that I have 295 items I cannot relist, and still crickets on the other end.....

Ask to talk to supervisor..... been waiting for 20 minutes now......

Is there a place we can complain about E-Bay's customer support ?

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

Just talked to another rep....

He tells me, sorry but Migration tool was a one usage per listing tool....meaning if you made a draft and did not like it and deleted it, too bad, migration tool will not migrate it again......  so, if like silly and stupid me, you did all in batch of 50 and didn't like the drafts and deleted all of them, well sucks to be me, but Migration TOY was a one use only.....

Anyway that is the "official" version I am getting from E-Bay

They should at least put a friendly notice before statring to use Migration Toy : "Dont Panic....One time use only"

Le big "sigh"

Message 37 of 37
latest reply