Migration Tool

Anyone successfully use this yet?  Still at the "Please Wait" screen...

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Migration Tool

It's live?

Not surprised that no one took me up on my 'there will be glitches' bet.

Message 2 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

I finally got it working..I only converted one listing so far.

I am concerned about ending the .ca listing once I have them migrated to .com...will I be dinged for this?  I assume no, but was unsure what option / reason to select when doing so.

Message 3 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

The release date for the tool has been delayed to May 12.

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/05/02/7765/

You are not penalized when you end a listing as long as there are no bids on it.

I haven't looked at the tool or the info on how it will work but are you sure that you have to end each listing when you change it or does it do that automatically?

Message 4 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

You have to select each item, convert them to .com, go on .com into draft listings and complete them there, adjusting the shipping.

Then you have to go back to .ca and end the listings on .ca

I feel that by the time I figure out a way to do this quickly, I will be done...kind of a PITA at this point, sigh...

Message 5 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

I better start soon. I'm dreading it 😞

About ending listings... That's a question I have too.  Will they count as "new" towards my monthly allotment when I relist them on .com?

Thanks!!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 6 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Mickey Mouse????

Message 7 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

My guess is that yes, they will count as new and will be taken out of your monthly allotment. But I could be wrong...

Message 8 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

we have the Q & A on Tuesday. Hopefully they will respond to enough questions to satisfy everyone. I got a few questions myself. Haven't received the tool yet. How did it come to everyone. A notice or Email?

Wouldn't mind switching ASAP so it doesn't come to crunch time if the tool has glitches.

Message 9 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

If we can only do one listing at a time and I have over 250 listings to switch, then the only advantage over manual switching is pictures.

Oh well, our existing listings are grandfathered until August.

Message 10 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Migration Tool

This is just as frustrating as I imagined it to be....today's issues:

1.  When I returned to .ca to delete the 7 listings I had converted to .com, it (of course) listed the .ca and .com listings..aaaannndd I deleted the .com ones....eff

2.  While converting 39 more listings I realized that there was a "total cost" amount in the right hand corner of the bulk lister, $11.70...so now I am being double charged?  What the....glitch glitch glitch....do I have to start over? 

Message 12 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

"there was a "total cost" amount in the right hand corner of the bulk lister, $11.70."

Check your seller account.  Do you see the charges?

Message 13 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

What am I doing wrong. It says I have 240 listing to move to .com. There are only 40 I need moved . Are they including all my sold and unsolds as well?

I think I may wait till tuesday's Q& A . 

Message 14 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Yes, I tried with just one listing to see and the charges are in my seller account for that specific item.

@pierrelebel wrote:

"there was a "total cost" amount in the right hand corner of the bulk lister, $11.70."

Check your seller account.  Do you see the charges?

Message 15 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

"the charges are in my seller account for that specific item."

What about the $11.70 charges mentioned in your earlier post.  Are these changes actually in your seller account?

Message 16 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

I did not complete the $11.70 listings in bulk format.  I saved them, went back and completed them individually with no charges.

I went in and tried just one more to see if the charges (0.30US) would indeed show up on my seller account and they have.

I am now on hold with eBay, but it seems Rico has no knowledge of the Migration Tool...

Message 17 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience as we worked to resolve the speed issues with the tool. We believe we have fixed that now. Could anyone try again and confirm? Thanks in advance!

Message 18 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Just finished speaking with Rico, he told me they are working on the glitches now, but have no timeline for when it will be working...just tried now as Raphael suggested, and eBay still wants to charge me to complete the drafts that I have migrated from .ca to .com.

I am off for the weekend, hopefully all fixed come Monday!

Message 19 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Hello Raphael,

I pressed on the link and got some kind of very mixed list of 11335 items! 

I do not have so many even when adding active and unsold and scheduled. Right now I have 4354 active + 49 expired + 267 scheduled.

To the best of my knowledge I have changed ALL listings of books to Cdn $ already, but the list contains many listings of books in US dollars... I tried to find on eBay listing # 262242358160 (ended listing) and the system does not find it all... So, why it is on the list?

Hope I can get further guidance.

Among active listings I selected 11 items (postcards with price of $3.99), pressed to CONVERT with rounding to the nearest .99 cents...

I am waiting for about 20 minutes for these 11 conversions

I volunteer for Tem Viewer work if required.

Thank you

Message 20 of 71
latest reply