Migration Tool

Anyone successfully use this yet?  Still at the "Please Wait" screen...

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Migration Tool

Check Unsold Listings.... all of them

Archived listings... go back to February.

When I use the Migration Tool...  I Plan to delete unsold listings as well as archived listings  from February.

The Drafts file will be empty before It is used..

All I plan to have is active listings... and ... sold listings showing on eBay...

Message 21 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Thank you!  Will try!

Message 22 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

What a pile of junk. It took forever to create drafts for 188 listings I was getting ready to make the jump. It messed up the quantity of all of my ads so i backed out before submitting the new ads I decided I'm better off just going to ebay.com but now it will not allow me saying I have already created a draft even though they have been deleted.

Message 23 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

It's not working for me either.  I have 199 listings and the tool only indicates I have 8 listings.  

Message 24 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

This migration tool is a piece of crap. And it's full of bugs. For starters, it sometimes decides to make duplicate listings so you have 2 of the same item. It sometimes decides to make duplicates of all your photos and then gives you an error message that you have too many photos and won't let you relist that item until you go in and delete all the extra photos that the migration tool created. It also gives an "internal application error" on some listings (even though they have many listed on ebay many times previous). And for good measure, it throws in some of your "sold" items in with your items that need to be relisted, so that you run the risk of relisting an item that you have already sold 3 or 4 weeks ago (because it is in among your ended items that need to be relisted). And I forgot to mention that I have been doing this for about 5 hours and still going.

Message 25 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

It sticks on Save and Close.

Message 26 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Great, so I use the tool to switch approximately 400 active auctions into Cdn dollars and about 150 of the 400 auctions just disappear into Never Neverland. Both the Selling Manager Pro and the Migration Tool say they went active but they aren't anywhere to be found in my listings or "my ebay". The original U.S. dollar listing still exists (because I have yet to delete it) but the new Canadian dollar listings never appeared. I will probably have to do these 150 auctions one by one - they no longer show up in the migration tool's listings and they no longer appear in Selling Manager Pro as "drafts".

Message 27 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

And now I see that the migration tool lists ALL of your ended auctions, so if you have relisted an item a couple of times in the past, it will show up twice on the migration tool (it treats them as separate auctions) and you will end up trying to convert the same auction into Cdn dollars twice, thus, causing error messages for trying to list "duplicate' auctions.

Message 28 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

some of these ENDED ITEMS could be already relisted and even sold...

THIS IS SCARY!

Message 29 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

@billybee99 wrote:

And now I see that the migration tool lists ALL of your ended auctions, so if you have relisted an item a couple of times in the past, it will show up twice on the migration tool (it treats them as separate auctions) and you will end up trying to convert the same auction into Cdn dollars twice, thus, causing error messages for trying to list "duplicate' auctions.

This is meant to be a helpful comment. Please do not be offended. I am not trying to be a pain.

Please do not refer to your listings as auctions when they are in fact Fixed Price listings. Use listings as your generic term for auction or fixed price format listings. Use auctions to refer to auction format listings and fixed price to refer to fixed price format listings.

Very confusing when reading your posts when you keep saying auctions. I went to your active listings to check that they were not auctions but indeed fixed price listings.

Thank you for posting your experiences on the migration tool. I find them very interesting.

Message 30 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

@billybee99 wrote:

Completed listings stay on eBay for 90 days. Showing all ended listings in the past 90 days makes sense because eBay has no way of knowing which have been been sold or unsold because they have different item numbers.

When I use durations 30 days or less, I relist from my UnSold listings using Relist or Sell Similar and then I manually delete the listing from my UnSold listings which deletes it from my UnSold Listings but not from eBay (kept for 90 days). Most sellers follow this housekeeping of UnSolds to know what is currently UnSold and what is relisted.

I suppose that one will also have to be very careful with the quantity in a listing where the quantity is more than one and some sales have been made. Since the original quantity when listed will be used and any sold not taken off the quantity. Old issue with non-GTC listings with quantity.

Message 31 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Give me a break. You are "trying" very hard indeed. It was 4 or 5 in the morning and I could care less if I confused you.

Message 32 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

What? Ebay has no way of know what's "been sold or unsold"? They have every way of knowing what has been sold or unsold - it's right in front of their face and they have all the stats. They seem to do a good job of knowing what's been sold, unsold, or active in "My Ebay" - I don't have to go back and delete LISTINGS from "My Ebay" when I relist something from the "unsold" section of that location - once it's been relisted, it disappears from the "unsold" list and there is no confustion and no need to go back and delete items from the "unsold" list. Ebay somehow recognizes that that item is relisted and removes it from the unsold list automatically without my having to do it manually (and it doesn't include items that have already been sold in with the items that need to be relisted - they are in separate categories but the migration tool does not do that; it lumps in sold items with active items with unsold items)
Message 33 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

All of my listings were put in an excel document as non-compliant?   Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Message 34 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

@billybee99 wrote:

Give me a break. You are "trying" very hard indeed. It was 4 or 5 in the morning and I could care less if I confused you.

I apologize for upsetting you. I did realize when you posted that you were frustrated.

Message 35 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

@billybee99 wrote:
What? Ebay has no way of know what's "been sold or unsold"? They have every way of knowing what has been sold or unsold - it's right in front of their face and they have all the stats. They seem to do a good job of knowing what's been sold, unsold, or active in "My Ebay" - I don't have to go back and delete LISTINGS from "My Ebay" when I relist something from the "unsold" section of that location - once it's been relisted, it disappears from the "unsold" list and there is no confusion and no need to go back and delete items from the "unsold" list. Ebay somehow recognizes that that item is relisted and removes it from the unsold list automatically without my having to do it manually (and it doesn't include items that have already been sold in with the items that need to be relisted - they are in separate categories but the migration tool does not do that; it lumps in sold items with active items with unsold items)

At the time of posting I was thinking about listings relisted by Sell Similar and not by Relist.

Relist will mark an UnSold as relisted. Sell Similar will not mark an UnSold as relisted because Sell Similar may be used to create a new listing.

I sell one of a kind items for the most part and rarely relist using Relist because Relist supposedly maintains a relationship to the previous listing search performance and may degrade the relisted item in search. Using Sell Similar to disconnect any relationship to the previous listing search history is supposed to give a listing a fresh start in search with no history. Thus I always relist with Sell Similar to avoid any history on my relisting.

For the same reason I do not use GTC duration which automatically relists a listing until sold.

Using Sell Similar does not mark UnSold listings as relisted so I have to manually delete the ones I relisted in my UnSold.

If the listing has quantity more than 1, I may Relist if I had a sale and use Sell Similar if not. I have to be careful with the quantity when relisting to make sure I remove the sold from the relisted quantity as the original listed quantity may be used.

After years of many free listing promos restricting the promo to exclude Relist option, I also used Sell Similar all the time. So the Relist option keeping track of what was relisted was forgotten about in my previous post.

So you are correct in saying Relist option will know if an listing has been relisted and eBay could have a filter to show the most recent version of a Relist.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Message 36 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

You tell him poco. Just kidding.

Obviously the tool is about as good as anything Ebay has done lately. I think everyone needs to just wait for the Q &A on Tuesday. Hopefully Ebay will have their stuff together and be able to guide us through the process.

Given all the glitches I have been experiencing with both Ebay and Paypal, I'm ready to  be more confused than I already am. I will give them the shadow of the doubt though. What else can I do.

Message 37 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Thanks everyone for the reports. I'm working with the developer to iron out the remaining kinks.

A word on including sold items in the pull, we had considered this to be necessary to allow those who employ the method of relisting or using Sell Similar from their sold listings when they have more of the same items to sell (something that many people do). However I can see how it's confusing, and even dangerous as some have pointed out, to have all these items put in the same list. Sorry about this oversight, I'll see how soon we can implement a sold/unsold cut to the view options to help with that.

If the tool hangs for you when you "save and close", know that the drafts are being created on the server and not the browser, so you technically don't have to wait there with your browser window open. The drafts will get created on the backend and show up in Selling Manager once the process is completed.

However, if the tool hangs anywhere else before the point where you "save and close" to tell it to process listings, I want to know about it. Please drop me a line at raphael@ebay.com with as much details as possible, what were you doing when the tool got stuck, how many listings was it handling, your browser and version, your user ID, etc.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we fix issues and improve this tool for you. 

Message 38 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

This tool is yet another Ebay production....You're better off using Turbo Lister and relisting under Ebay.com manually.

Not exactly sure what the purpose of this manual tool is. Why is it even showing ended listing????? This makes no sense....You can easily put locks in place to prevent these listing from being relisted after the drop dead date...At the very least provide a filter to show only active listings.

"*After clicking the “Save and Close” button below, new USD listings will be saved as drafts in Selling Manager on eBay.com. You will have to log onto eBay.com to complete and publish the drafts before your new listings are live. You will then have to end the eBay.ca listings that were processed by this tool (i.e. the original eBay.ca listings that have now been moved to eBay.com)."

You call that automated??????  Furthermore, I though you could use the seller manager on .ca to see the US .com listings (as per Ebay's assurances)? Does this mean that from here on in I have to manage my listings on the individual sites with two different versions of Seller Manager????? I hope not Raphael....I need a single seamless interface to do both sites from the .ca site. Both in terms of listing from Turbo Lister (which already somewhat exists) and management from Selling Manager. This includes printing labels, mailing, relisting, etc...

Message 39 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Here is what the tool SHOULD be doing.

1. Allow you to filter and select the listings to be converted through a filter not a check box. (Either USD on .ca to migrate to .com or USD to CAD).

2. Automatically convert and delete the duplicates fro the corresponding site.

3. Provide an audit trail.

To have people go and manually reconcile and delete their listings post-conversion is totally ridiculous.

Who is managing this? Some guy in a garage????

Message 40 of 71
latest reply