Migration Tool

Anyone successfully use this yet?  Still at the "Please Wait" screen...

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Migration Tool

from what I understand the migration tool will make drafts of ALL your US currency listings, it's up to you to pick and chose which ones

you want to move to .com, the rest will stay active on .ca until you convert those to Cdn.  

Message 61 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

I sat in on the webinar & it sounded straightforward....NOT! Called ebay.ca yesterday & the rep couldn't help me with the migration problem I was having. I was told there are 5 advance experts for the migration tool so good luck!. Tried to call his morning but only got a recording saying to wait but no indication as to where I was in the queue.

Spent over 6 hours so far trying to figure out the migration tool to no avail. Instead of wasting more time I opted to print out my auction descriptions on my scheduled USD listings then deleted those listings. Figure it's quicker to re-do the listings directly on ebay.com rather than fight with the migration tool or try to get ebay help on the phone. This might be an option for sellers who have only a few listings to deal with.

As for the listings sitting under ebay.com on the migration tool there doesn't seem to be a way to delete them (there are duplicates listings, listings for already sold items, etc.). Hoping these will simply disappear when the dusty settles!

Message 62 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Do not waste your time with a migration tool

You only had 12 listings in the last three months and some were already in Cdn$.

It will not take that long to do them one at the time if you feel necessary to either move them to eBay.com or convert them into Cdn$ on eBay.ca.

Message 63 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

I did the same thing.  

THE SOLUTION: I opened up my Turbo Lister. Imported all my listings. Mass edited them from US to CDN currency.

When they told us that we would have to list in CDN $ on ebay.ca, I used turbo lister and converted them all from US to CDN $.  It still did take time but not as much hassle as some of you are having. 

Message 64 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Now if Turbo Lister only worked with Macs.

Oh well got another 40 done today so far along with a nice walk, packing and mailing a few sales, hanging around here and reading another book from the list of Hugo Award nominees.

An employee is dealing with one of our IDs and I already know which ones I will be changing.

And we have until August to change the GTC listings which are grandfathered.

Actually that might be a quick and dirty.

Relist everything on 30 day or less listing as a GTC before the 30th of May. Then work on them through June and July.

Message 65 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Turbolister died for me in August 2015... moved to Auctiva

Now to change from US dollars   to Canadian dollars...my choice has been to do the following eBay...

(1) Put the store on vacation for 30 days

(2) Bulk edit prices

(3) Bulk edit postage

(4) Change listings... one at a time....  converting US dollars to Canadian dollars

Lots of work day-by-day ... using well understood ... well known... procedures...  100 % in control from start to end....

Message 66 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

I have tried the Turbo Lister option. Switching the USD currency to CAD currency and TL does not let me. It comes with: Error, cannot change currency for a revised or relisted item. I tried it in a live edit, also ended the item and relisted, same error both times. So this did not work for me. This makes no sense, as the option is there to switch currencies. Too bad, as it would have taken only a few minutes to switch 100's of listings.

So I tried my first batch of 50 today(out of about 350) using the migration tool, to test it out. I am switching the USD CA listings to CAD CA listings. What a mess. Here are the major flaws:

1 - When you have a fixed price listing with multiple quantities, the tool relists with the original quantity, not the available quantity. So if you originally listed with 10 of the same items, and sold 4, the newly relisted item has a quantity of 10 again. You manually have to go in and check each listing for the available quantity and revise the item after it uploads.

2 - There in no easy way to delete the original listings. You have to go and search for all the relisted ones, find the corresponding USD listings and delete them. This takes a lot of time. Ebay created the list of all the ones that need to be changed, why not have an option to delete the original USD listings right after you upload the newly created CAD listings. All it would take is one check box, "delete original USD listings after upload". Click for yes, do not click for no. Simple. Even the Seller Manager has an option for searching for 'duplicate listings not visible to buyers', this does not work for this scenario. Why is there not an option for 'duplicate listings that are visible'. ***I followed the link mentioned in this thread for the off Ebay duplicate listing tool and it works pretty well.

3 - I used a $ conversion of 1.05, just above par. 95% of my listings followed this conversion, the other 5% seemed to convert at the actual conversion rate of the US to CA exchange rate, way higher than what I specified.

So EBAY,

Number 1 - get the migration tool to take the AVAILABLE quantity from the listings, not the ORIGINAL quantity.

Number 2 - add a simple check box to delete the original USD listing after the upload of the new CAD listing.

Ebay is forcing these changes on us, and not making it a simple process. We should be getting paid by Ebay for the amount of time we are putting into this.

Message 67 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

This Migration Tool is full of bugs.  I cant even go from first page to next page to find the listings I want to sent to US site (50 items are on one page....I have a few hundred)...it keeps reverting to first page !

So I cant even select my listings !

Message 68 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

Hi:

I was horrified when eBay announced that you had to convert your US$ listings earlier this year as I thought this would be a pile of grief and a big waste of time. Finally tried to do something last Thursday on my Mac. Was able to do 450 some odd listings converting to CDN$. Next day spent a couple of hours deleting the US$ listings no longer required.

3 Major problems

1) The software also converted all my sold listings to active selling ones. Isn't that nice. Now I have a total of 1325 listings when before I had 1158. These are all Buy it Nows. And Friday 5 listings that were already sold, sold again and now I have to notify the buyers of this fact and give them a complete refund. Now I have to waste a huge amount of time figuring out and deleting the ones already sold so more do not sell again. 

2) The listing software since Thursday evening no longer works.  You cannot select an item and put a checkmark in the box on the left which becomes blue when you do so. Not being able to do that means you cannot continue.

3) OK I have done approximately 450 items. Please explain why these are not deleted from the new list when you go to do more i.e. the rest. It still shows a grand total of 1325 items including the ones which have been just done converted. What a nightmare.

Jim

Message 69 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

@mycroft10 wrote:

Hi:

I was horrified when eBay announced that you had to convert your US$ listings earlier this year as I thought this would be a pile of grief and a big waste of time. Finally tried to do something last Thursday on my Mac. Was able to do 450 some odd listings converting to CDN$. Next day spent a couple of hours deleting the US$ listings no longer required.

3 Major problems

1) The software also converted all my sold listings to active selling ones. Isn't that nice. Now I have a total of 1325 listings when before I had 1158. These are all Buy it Nows. And Friday 5 listings that were already sold, sold again and now I have to notify the buyers of this fact and give them a complete refund. Now I have to waste a huge amount of time figuring out and deleting the ones already sold so more do not sell again. 

2) The listing software since Thursday evening no longer works.  You cannot select an item and put a checkmark in the box on the left which becomes blue when you do so. Not being able to do that means you cannot continue.

3) OK I have done approximately 450 items. Please explain why these are not deleted from the new list when you go to do more i.e. the rest. It still shows a grand total of 1325 items including the ones which have been just done converted. What a nightmare.

Jim

Yup...The same thing happened to me using the "tool"...Ended and/or sold listing that were automatically relisted via the tool.  I've had to cancel two. You'll need to call Ebay and rectify those or they will count as defects on your account.... Isn't this awesome?!!!! Thanks Ebay!!!!

Message 70 of 71
latest reply

Migration Tool

We had the same problem on one of our accounts. If it completely doesn't work for you as it did for us and the listings are ended, you can still save them. We went to the "Your listings have been removed: Currency not supported" Message and grabbed all the listing ID and titles and copy pasted into Excel. Searching in item ID in eBay does not bring up the Item, but you can google it and that will bring the listing up, just pick the .ca not the dot.com link. From there can then just click relist item. Highlight the item you have relisted in excel to keep track of the ones you have done and repeat for all the other listings. This is the easiest way we have found so far after eBay basically telling us we have no choice but to remake hundreds of listings. - William

Message 71 of 71
latest reply