Migration tool for .com delayed till May 12th

hlmacdon
Community Member

They've pushed back the deadline for USD listings to June 13th to accommodate.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Surprise, surprise.

I guess existing USD listings are still grandfathered until August, eh?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

The list free up to 100,000, 30-day fixed price listings when Canadian Dollar is specified as the currency offer ends on May 9th.  So the bulk listing tool will be available 3 days too late.  If a seller wants to use the sale it will be one listing at a time. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Where did you see this. I have been looking around and did not find this anywhere yet.

Please post a link to this information.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I also cannot find a link announcing a delay for the migration tool.  I hope "himacdon" will post this.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I received the information about delayed migration tool as email from eBay addressed to me (block36)

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@block36 wrote:

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2016/0322/ListForFree.html

I wanted a link for the migration tool delay. My reply was to himacdon. I understand why  you posted a link to the promo since my question was just after the other post.

I see it was sent by email form a later post.

Thanks for replying anyway.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Hi, This is the message I received in my e-mail yesterday.

Recently, eBay announced that as of June 1, 2016, sellers would no longer be able to create their listings in US dollars when they list on eBay.ca. We also announced that a Migration Tool would be available on May 2nd, to help sellers adapt.

The release date for the Migration Tool has been changed from May 2nd to May 12th.

To give sellers more time to take advantage of the tool, we will extend the deadline for creating USD listings on eBay.ca to June 13th. Beginning on June 14th, any new listings created on eBay.ca will need to be listed in Canadian dollars.

As part of this listing migration process, over the next few days all impacted sellers will automatically be subscribed to Selling Manager, eBay’s free web-based listing management tool. Sellers using the Migration Tool will need access to Selling Manager in order to access draft listings created by the migration tool.

Once your Selling Manager subscription is active, you’ll notice that it’ll now be your default Selling view when you navigate to My eBay. The same My eBay pages and functions you are used to will still be available.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

If a seller wants to use the sale it will be one listing at a time. 

Or if you have a lot of courage-- close all your listings that you plan to move to dotCOM.

They will sit in your Unsolds for up to 90 days.

That gives you lots of time to make the move.

And I repeat my suspicion that the tool will be very buggy, and best used in small batches anyway.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Where did you see this. I have been looking around and did not find this anywhere yet.

Please post a link to this information.

Sorry I've been extremely busy with sales the last few days. As others have posted the announcement was emailed out to sellers. I assumed everyone employed the sky is falling email filter for ebay emails 🙂

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

If a seller wants to use the sale it will be one listing at a time. 

Or if you have a lot of courage-- close all your listings that you plan to move to dotCOM.

They will sit in your Unsolds for up to 90 days.

That gives you lots of time to make the move.

And I repeat my suspicion that the tool will be very buggy, and best used in small batches anyway.

I suspect this as well, especially given the delay in implementation. As turbo lister has proved ebay has a hard time coding for simple database field changes for some unexplainable reason. If I recall correct the converted listings will go into drafts for review, which doesn't really give you much information. Maybe the best course will be to put store into vacation mode, move the drafts into listings, then dump them back to turbo lister, and process that 4-5 times to review and correct the errors from the drafts, then the errors that turbolister introduces. Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I was thinking the same thing.  ebay would likely only delay the launch date due to problems with getting the migration tool ready.  It's probably "Not Ready For Primetime" as the old saying goes.  Typical of ebay to put the cart before the horse.

I posted awhile back on another thread that ebay should have had the tool ready BEFORE they implemented the currency change. Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

But that would mean Ebay and their programmers are logical

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

One thing I have yet to see and hope someone has a link. This listing tool or Migration tool,as some call it, is going to be  for those listing in USD and will have to List in CDN currency.

For those who want to continue to list in USD and will be switching to .com this tool won't work. Watched the video from our Ebay chief and commander, and she made no mention of using  this tool for the migration south. Anyone have something on this.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@jersey..authentix wrote:

One thing I have yet to see and hope someone has a link. This listing tool or Migration tool,as some call it, is going to be  for those listing in USD and will have to List in CDN currency.

For those who want to continue to list in USD and will be switching to .com this tool won't work. Watched the video from our Ebay chief and commander, and she made no mention of using  this tool for the migration south. Anyone have something on this.

Form the migration tool page:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/list-in-cad/migration-tool-usd-listings.html

Coming in May: The full Listing Migration Tool

Starting in early May, the full version of the eBay Listing Migration Tool will be available to help you either convert your US dollar (USD) listings to Canadian dollars (CAD) and keep them on eBay.ca, or move your listings to eBay.com and keep them in USD. You will be able to select a choice for each listing.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

The list free up to 100,000, 30-day fixed price listings when Canadian Dollar is specified as the currency offer ends on May 9th.  So the bulk listing tool will be available 3 days too late.  If a seller wants to use the sale it will be one listing at a time. 

Yep. I was planning on waiting for the migration tool to be available (full version) and use the promo listings to change mine from USD to CAD in the 4 days left of the promo.

One would think they could have extended the promo to the same 4 days after the migration tool will actually become available (we hope)

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

It looks like ebay has another listing promo starting today and running until June 17th.  Nice of them to do something to help us sellers!  Yay!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 19
latest reply