My Daily Rant

The biggest thing I dislike about Ebay is the rating system. It sucks. You know, how they tease you every few months with stuff like being a "Top rated seller"  or you are a "above standard seller", or blah blah blah.  It is  nonsense. I have sold over 1200 items on Ebay over the years, with ZERO negative feedback. That is not one negative! Over 1200 happy customers! Over the years, I have had to suck up a few losses to avoid negative feedback, which I did even though I knew I was getting ripped off by dishonest buyers, but I did it all in the sake of preserving positive feedback. I think that qualify's me to be a Top Rated Seller no matter what amount of sales I have had in the last 3 months. Does anyone agree that if you have over 1000 sales in your lifetime, with no negative feedback, you should be granted Top Rated Seller for life, or at least until you clearly screw up? Ebay's rating system is ridiculous, and by changing your rating every three months does nothing but discourage me from selling,. Luckily for me, it is a hobby, and just a way to make some extra easy money, not a full time job. I would hate to have Ebay as my only employer and only source of income, a job where you can be held hostage by buyers stupidity, and then your boss kicks you in the ass for making a mistake after you have made none for over a decade.  Time to revamp this rating system, it is lame.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

My Daily Rant

Apparently they are.

I haven't read this because I find it irrelevant to my business plan.

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2015/11/05/7729/

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

My Daily Rant

Feedback is irrelevant and has been marginalized for quite a while. Focusing on FB is focusing on the wrong end of business.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 3
latest reply