My experience, eBay phone support

The last time I called eBay support was years ago.

The last couple days have been quite bizarre.

I actually had two situations occur within two days that warranted talking to the support folks.

I won't go into the boring details but one was with respect to feedback, one was with respect to a buyer issue.

I waited till 11:00 (ET) to call so I got local support.

Took me a while to find a reason to call that would release the phone number to me. The little ICON told me to expect a wait time of 26 minutes.

I went ahead. 

My wait time was about 12 seconds.

First support person listened, understood both issues, investigated a bit and transferred me to the department that handled these types of issues.

On hold again, wondered how long it might be, before I was done wondering how long it would be, I had another person on the phone.

This person was also excellent, listened to both problems and either resolved, or told me what I need to do (along with them) to resolve.

I was very impressed by the experience and I thought it might be nice to share a positive story on the boards.....

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ric, you got through because you are a high volume seller and a low volume complainer.

They keep track of who phones and how often.

There are "sellers" who phone every day, day after day. Low volume seller, with high volume complaining. Odd how they always get the off-shore call centre.

Good for you Ric, good for you for being responsible.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

lucky you I called for the first time this week but when I did call I never got answer I want and i'm on hold for 30-40min.. Felt like I was talking to a robot was trying to get return shipping label figured out I told him countless times I'm just a seller and It's not giving me the option. He kept telling me to contact the seller and that he didn't know what I was asking or sorry i'm breaking up.

Finley after 20 min I get feed up and hung up. Can't they see the situation on their side when they go in and check your account. Anyway I than call back in an hour get a nice girl who told me my answer in 5 min.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply