My last few sales are all to Australian buyers.

Not that I am complaining, but just seems weird, that they are all to Australia.  Today I am sending off 2 CD's.  They must have made me visible to them.  

Has that happened to you where, you have buyers from one area and not another. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Frequently!

Some times it's just random and sometime I'm sure one buyer finds something and tells somebody else to look at your stuff.

Or you could subscribe to the various conspiracy theories that claim that eBay picks and choose who can see and buy your stuff.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Going to "free" shipping has increased my international sales which were off due to the high US dollar. Saudi Arabia, Peru, Chile, Mexico, Taiwan (today), Israel, etc.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have long believed there is some form of rotational exposure.

Far to often to be coincidental I will have:

Primarily Canadian buyers

or

Primarily USA buyers

or

Primarily International buyers

on a given day or two.

Sometimes the international will be more country based like Australia, or Russia, or GB.

There is some scattering naturally happening because about 50% of my sales are to repeat customers who presumably come to me directly instead of via better rotational exposure, so that would disrupt the stats a bit.

I haven't had time to analyze the new buyers to see if they are grouped.... maybe someday!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

IF there is ''some form of rotation''; my user id might be kick out since numerous days now lolll... 😉

VERY slow these days

But as a great ebayer says ''Stick with the plan''....

Cheers !

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Selling here since 2001 but have only had two sales to Liechtenstein in all that time over several IDs..

Both in the same week.

To two different cities.

I hadn't realized that Liechtenstein was big enough to have two cities.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Coincidence or not?  I suddenly had 2 buyers from Oz and 1 from NZ in the past week or so, after having had absolutely no sales to those areas for many months.  

Besides that, whereas purchases used to be more or less evenly spread over a month (I'm referring to prior to early 2014),  I now get long periods of drought followed by a downpour once in a while.  The last big downpour -- which I'm grateful for -- was a couple of weeks ago.  It almost seemed like the old eBay was back in business again.  Alas, not so.  The strange thing is, I have nothing specific in my own actions (e.g. big increase in listings, price discounts, free time-limited shipping offers, etc.) that I can relate to these sudden sales rushes.  I wish I could.  

I tend to think 'ricarmic'  may be right, but who will ever really know?  Maybe eBay can rotate a little faster please?? Woman LOL

Message 7 of 7
latest reply