My rant for the day

Buyer from US buys item on a Sunday and pays, buys another item on Monday and pays. Got a 25% discount through best offer on 1 item.

Sent light packet on Tuesday.

Because he paid for each separately, got 2 late shipping defects as he said they arrived late.

Every one I have received has been from the US and none are newbies so Ebay is getting what they want from their buyers, punish sellers for shipping which they have no control over at all, or customs for that matter.

I am tempted to cut the US off for tokens as they don't like the shipping cost and give out a lot of late shipping defects for the amount of sales I get from there for tokens.

Even sending tracked packet does not guarantee delivery time.

End of rant!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

My rant for the day

You are advertising fraud and theft from Canada Post on a public forum.

No wonder costs keep going up.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

My rant for the day

Anonymous
Not applicable

I send my packages/parcels by Tracket Packet or Expedited the next day after each payment and I STILL get the delay delivery penalty just because the buyers clicked "NO" on "did you received it by .....date...." That is how!!  That is why I think eBay needs to "retire" this insane policy as we have NO control of the lenght of mail delivery by Canada Post and USPS!  So it doesn't matter if shipped by Tracked Packet or Expedited!!

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

My rant for the day

If that happens, those Late Shipment marks are supposed to auto-remove at the next Dashboard update. If they don't, you would need to call to get them removed because they are not supposed to be there. Uploading your tracking number and getting your acceptance scan within your stated handling time is the only guaranteed way NOT to get a Late Shipment mark.

dutchman48 wrote

Everything after the first item is free. Whether they buy 1 of 100, shipping is still the same.

That may be the case but one postage charge per shipment is still one postage charge per shipment. It very nearly doesn't matter what amount it is. Unless every last one of your competitors offers free postage at giveaway pricing, it's still cheaper to buy 10 items from one seller and pay one postage amount than it is to buy 10 items from ten different sellers and pay postage ten times over. 

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

My rant for the day

@Anonymous wrote:

I send my packages/parcels by Tracket Packet or Expedited the next day after each payment and I STILL get the delay delivery penalty just because the buyers clicked "NO" on "did you received it by .....date...." That is how!!  That is why I think eBay needs to "retire" this insane policy as we have NO control of the lenght of mail delivery by Canada Post and USPS!  So it doesn't matter if shipped by Tracked Packet or Expedited!!

Why are you not getting acceptance scans within your handling time? That would eliminate any damage done by a late delivery.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

My rant for the day

@dutchman48 wrote:

Everything after the first item is free. Whether they buy 1 of 100, shipping is still the same.

Instead of just not selling them anymore to the USA, perhaps put the light packet rate in for the USA rate and mention in your listing that multiple tokens will ship to the US for one shipping charge.

I have one "product line" that I do something similar for.

I also force tracked shipping to China and Brazil for everything, even a $9 item has $17.50 minimum shipping. That didn't stop sales to China/Brazil, it encourages the enthusiastic ones to buy a few things to bring the relative shipping cost down to a reasonable number. This is better than Zero sales to the country and it remains "safe" for me too....

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

My rant for the day

I can't send tokens letter mail and they have  to go as light packet.

Light packet starts at $6.84 to the US and goes up from there.

Are you suggesting I raise my price by $7.50 and offer free shipping to the US. -- dutchman

Put it between 2 pieces of light cardboard or the pieces of the thin light  foam board that sells in full sheets for $1.25 at the buck store and put that in an envelope and mail...cost $2.95. --widget

On many items I have Free Shipping to Canada and $0.00 to the USA.

On items listed on dotCOM (because they can go at the LetterPost/LightPacket rates) I have Free Shipping to USA and $0.00 to Canada.

Mostly I eat the 35 cent to $60 cent difference.

I could have $1.99 to USA and $0.00 to Canada-- raising my asking price by a bit to cover the Canadian 'free' shipping and part  of the US shipping cost.

Plus of course Cookie Jar Insurance  *bangs tambourine- shouts Hallelujah!*.

If your way is not working, perhaps it's time to change your way.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply