NOT GETTING FREE LISTINGS IN COLLECTABLES CATAGORIES

Listed a poster in the "Entertainment Memorabilia" category and was charged a 30 cent insertion fee even though I should have 20 free listings still available.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Never had this happen before.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I checked your listings and all are fixed price listings (not auction) except for one listed in

With so many fixed price listings, I do not understand why you do not have an eBay store.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

From the standard fee schedule on eBay.ca:

Insertion fees are also free for an additional 20 auction-style listings per calendar month in collectibles categories.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/insertion-fee.html#free

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Pierre - You are right as usual.  I forgot it only applies to auction type listings and listed it as fixed price.  As far as a store goes - I never needed one since there were so many free listing offers every month.  Now that it appears ebay is cutting back on them I might just get a store one of these days.  Thanks for the quick response!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

"so many free listing offers every month"

"Free listing" promotions only allow you to list for free.  An eBay store is so much more than that including lower FVFs across the board on all your sales.  The FVF savings can be very substantial in some categories. Plus all the other advantages of a store, including newsletters to your customers, the Markdown Manager, etc...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

All good valid points, Pierre.  Now that ebay is offering less free listing promos, as well as the features you mention offered by having a store, it is definitely time that I consider making the move.  Thanks for your input!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply