Need to send invoice through PayPal... says I need buyer's e-mail.

So... I need to send a buyer a PayPal invoice to avoid the currency conversion fees but it seem I don't have all the infos required.

Do I need the buyers e-mail address? Can't I link the invoice directly to the eBay auction #?

It's starting to be way too much micromanagement to offer invoice in different currency to save on conversion fees....

I'm afraid the buyer will believe I'm trying to scam him having him pay outside eBay.

If I need this e-mail address, don't I have it already in eBay since the buyer already bought my item?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's on the "Your eBay item sold" e-mail.

Also, on your eBay summary page "Sold - Awaiting Payment".

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

"Do I need the buyers e-mail address? Yes, available from eBay's transaction information

"Can't I link the invoice directly to the eBay auction #?" NO, simply show the transaction number in the note to buyer

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

"way too much micromanagement to offer invoice in different currency to save on conversion fees...."

It is a question of perspective.

On a $100 transaction, you and the Canadian buyer collectively save $5.00 or so.

On a $300 transaction, you and the Canadian buyer collectively save $15.00 or so.

Now, that saving may be irrelevant to the buyer if he/she already has US$ in the PayPal account and wants to use those US$ to pay for the purchase.

On a $10 transaction, you and the Canadian buyer collectively save $0.50 or so; NOT for the extra effort.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Pierre but after nearly 30minutes searching everywhere I can't seem to find the **bleep** e-mail address...

I have the full name and address of the buyer but no way of getting his e-mail address... 😞

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It's on the "Your eBay item sold" e-mail.

Also, on your eBay summary page "Sold - Awaiting Payment".

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks guys! 🙂
Message 6 of 6
latest reply