New Advanced Listing Tool Announced

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/04/18/7973/

It acknowledges deletion of watermarks on photos, then says all seller photos will be automatically eligible for use in eBay's Product Catalogue unless the seller opts out. Then provides instructions that don't exist. 

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

qottie
Community Member

Good morning everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that we ran the migration for the new Advanced Listing tool yesterday afternoon, so most sellers should see it live on the site at this point.  There are some exceptions to the rule - for instance, sellers who have listed vehicles in the past 3 months - but for the most part the Advanced Tool should be live on the site.  

You can find the Advanced Listing tool by clicking on Sell in the top navigation.  If you are in the Simple Listing flow, you can click on the link on the top right to switch to the Advanced Listing flow to try it out.

Couple of notes based on the above threads:

- The Advanced Listing tool has been live for some Canadian sellers on eBay.ca and eBay.com for some time now, so this experience may not be new to some of you.  For instance, we migrated all sellers who did not have $USD listings in their accounts over to the new Advanced Listing tool a few months ago when we retired USD on eBay.ca.  

- The option to switch between Advanced and Simple Listing flows has been included with the migration.  However, the link is unavailable for anyone who has a Seller Manager / Pro, Seller Hub, Site In A Box subscription, or who is a B2C seller.  The Advanced Listing tool provides additional features that are more pertinent to these sellers.

- Regarding the image sharing opt-out policy, unfortunately this feature was never rolled out for Canadian sellers.  There was an error in the roll out of the policy and the US seller policy was copied over to the Canadian site without the explanation that it only applies to US sellers using the eBay.ca site.  As of right now, there are currently no plans to roll out the opt-out to Canada.

I hope this helps and that you enjoy using the new tool.  Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.  As always, thanks for selling on eBay!

View solution in original post

Message 44 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

There are no 'seller preferences' under Site Preferences. I checked eBay.ca and eBay.com. No way do I consent allowing other people to use my photos. We need our Weekly Chats back. IMG_0062.JPG

Message 2 of 57
latest reply

And this is supposed to be good why?

I will keep using inkFrog until something much better comes along, maybe (but not holding breath) a workable replacement for Turbo Lister

Message 3 of 57
latest reply

Because it is free to list & because I can import my listings from eBay, I use Bonanza selling venue to store my 1500+ listings...

If one does not want to sell on that site, just keep the listings inactive("reserve" mode).  When not listed on eBay, my listings are on Bonanza...I expect no sales from the Bonanza venue(have had only 2 in the past 2-1/2 years), but it's free listing/no time limit and one can always hope for a sale if the listings are active.

Message 4 of 57
latest reply

I haven't invested much time investigating the announcement but I've been using the new Advanced Listing Tool for, like, almost a year I think. Perhaps this was the point in time in which they switched everyone, like it or not. It used to be that you could opt out. Maybe that's the news? No more opting-out? 

I prefer it to the old Long Form with one exception: watermarks or lack thereof. eBay should have improved the in-house watermark program, not ditched it. I get ever so angry when I find other sellers have swiped my photos or descriptions. 

Message 5 of 57
latest reply

And I DO NOT consent to my photos being used in the Product Catalogue. If someone wants to use my product photo, take advantage of my time invested, my equipment and my expertise, they can darn well pay me for that privilege. 

Message 6 of 57
latest reply

Perhaps this was the point in time in which they switched everyone, like it or not. It used to be that you could opt out. Maybe that's the news? No more opting-out? 

I'm still using the old listing form, and I signed up for exluding myself from using the new one. I listed yesterday using the "old" form so I'm very happy with it, but I guess time will tell...

Message 7 of 57
latest reply

As I am a boutique seller, I take all my own pictures.  My watermark appears on .ca, but  not on .com.  In all my listings is says "seller assumes responsibility for this listing".    That would make everything in the listing proprietary to me (the seller).   Watermarks were to PREVENT stealing images from listings, so what genius thinks sellers are going to share.  

Message 8 of 57
latest reply

I have also been using the Advanced Listing Tool since it came out. It took a bit of getting used to, but now I prefer it. I like the simplicity of it, though I know it's not for everyone.

Personally, the aforementioned removal of certain features doesn't affect me since I never used them, but again I understand that not everyone feels the same way.

Still, I eagerly await the option to opt out of including my pictures in the eBay catalogue. Like many here, I put in the time and effort to take the best pictures that I can for my listings and I would rather they remain mine. (I'm guessing since they are migrating to the Advanced Listing Tool "Over the next few days..." that the opt-out setting will show up soon.)

Message 9 of 57
latest reply

Is there a way to designate which site the listing will be uploaded to?  If so where is that?  Also is it possible to create listings ahead and then list at a later time myself?

Message 10 of 57
latest reply

Yes and sort of, plus no, not really.

The Advanced Listing Tool will let you schedule a listing to go live at a later date but there may be a surchange for that. Store subscribers like myself pay a dime per listings scheduled.

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 7.20.46 PM.png

On the ebay.com site, I still see the old listing form when I use my non-store buyer ID. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 7.22.38 PM.png

And there appears to be no charge for the schedule ahead.

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 7.23.49 PM.png

Your listings goes live on whatever site you've created it on. So if I make the site on ebay.ca, it's listed in CAD. If I make it on ebay.com, it's listed in USD. As far as visibility is concerned, it's shown to buyers in every country to which you indicate the item will be shipped. If you pay the extra 50 cents for International Site Visibility, it gives you higher placement on ebay.co.uk which is the ebay of Great Britain.

Message 11 of 57
latest reply

But, no, Seller Manager as part of the new Seller Hub isn't a listing tool like Turbo was. You cannot create a whack and then load later. As a note: be very careful with Drafts. Too many and they start to overwrite themselves and your work is lost. Many a seller discovered this the hard way.

Message 12 of 57
latest reply

Turbolister died for me back in August 2015.

Have been using Auctiva.

My photos are on Auctiva.....  and in my listings.... pulling photos out of my listings would be unacceptable

I would then conclude no one can use my photos...

Auctiva has been very easy to use..... lots of good options  for a listing....

For me... Turbolister ended up having too many left turns.....  and not easy to use.....

Message 13 of 57
latest reply

What I find unacceptable is that the option to 'opt out' has not been present since the summer of 2012. Those preferences don't exist anymore. I reported this to EBay Customer Service soon thereafter. It's illogical they would reference it here without checking that. So that leaves sellers who are vigorously opposed to it no actual way to opt out. If my business self-created product shots become part of a product catalogue, I can't even begin to explain how enraged it will make me. My photos get used; I expect to be paid for my time and professional service. Not to have it stolen without my consent. And used to the advantage of my competitors at my expense. 

Message 14 of 57
latest reply

How about a tent card-- a physical paper tent card -- in each shot? With your website on it, if that's eBay legal?

Something that a lazy seller would not notice and gives you more publicity for your items, and is too much work for a semi-pro to remove from each photo.

You don't have to a kitty in a box.

SKULLS OF ENEMIES.jpg

Sorry Maureen , I couldn't find my kitty in a box jpeg. Hope this one will do.

Message 15 of 57
latest reply

I like your sandwich board but the watermark policy prohibits what you're describing. Unfortunately.
Message 16 of 57
latest reply

In fact, I strongly suspect eBay removed watermarks from the new Listing Tool and eliminated the 'opt out' function simply so they could more easily commandeer without compensation the seller-created photos they need to populate their incredibly poorly-managed product catalogue. Mine will always be watermarked. I'm not working for free for anyone else's benefit!
Message 17 of 57
latest reply

Okay, am I an idiot?? I cannot for the life of me find out how to use the advanced listing tool ... I don;t see it...it's supposed to allow the user to list in bulk essentially, yes???? none of the FAQ explains how to switch to it... I don't think my system has switched to it.... and I dunno how ! 

Message 18 of 57
latest reply

You should see it under Sell.

It doesn't allow bulk listing, per se. The Bulk Editor does that.

It's just a new version of the Sell form with a minor tweak allowing for multi-variation listens in certain categories. 

Message 19 of 57
latest reply

dang it... want Turbo lister then... but I am on a Mac not Windows !!!! ;( ;( 

Message 20 of 57
latest reply