New E-Bay & Pay Pal New 180 Day Guaranteed Policy

Here is a Quote off one of the other  lists  I belong to

" I have also heard the PayPal is allowing charge backs or returns for up to 180 days as of Nov. 15, 2014 on eBay sales utilizing PayPal. So I guess someone can buy your item, take it to shows for six months and, if it doesn't sell at a profit for them, return it for a full refund in six months... You know, working on your inventory and money with no risk..."

It does not take long for the word to get out
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

They always could.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ebay will do what it wants to do and all we can do is the best we can, till we can no more.

sorta rhymes doesn't it. Should have been a poet.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@jerseywithstats wrote:

Ebay will do what it wants to do and all we can do is the best we can, till we can no more.

sorta rhymes doesn't it. Should have been a poet.

Just to be clear. PayPal has the 180 days for INR or SNAD. eBay only has the 45 days from payment date or 30 days after estimated delivery date or the new eBay Money Back Guarantee.

All eCommerce sites including eBay are affected by the PayPal 180 day policy if they have PayPal as the payment transactor.

So it is not eBay doing what it wants to do. It is PayPal. And PayPal had to do it to be competitive because credit cards had up to 6 months for chargebacks.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

So it is not eBay doing what it wants to do. It is PayPal. And PayPal had to do it to be competitive because credit cards had up to 6 months for chargebacks.

Who is PAY PAL again? Pay Pal did not have to do anything. They just saw away to possibly increase business. Pay Pal is doing very well. They have steadily increased profits since early 2010

http://www.statista.com/statistics/218517/paypals-net-revenue-per-quarter/

Message 5 of 5
latest reply