New Listing Promo April 22-26 Invitation 1,000 Fixed Price or Auction - New listings

New promo, need to activate, new listings.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/0422/ListFree.html

As usual, the ebay.ca offer has a typo in the details. At the top it says 5, 7, 10 and 30 days duration but later on it says 5, 7, 10 days. It appears 30 days are included for Fixed price based on the USA version of the promo here

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2015/0422/ListFree.html

Please read the details carefully. I assume Sell Similar will defeat the New listings restriction but have not tried it. Be sure to not use Relist as that will most likely not work with this Promo.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

New Listing Promo April 22-26 Invitation 1,000 Fixed Price or Auction - New listings

This promo just showed up in My ebay Promotional offers. I saw it by chance. I clicked to activate from My eBay Promotional Offers. No email or eBay message received yet. These show up usually in the second day of the promo if at all.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I got this one on all the id's that I didn't get last weeks.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

"I assume Sell Similar will defeat the New listings restriction but have not tried it."

I just tested it. 

Relisted 20 unsold items on eBay.com using the bulk "Sell Similar" function - and revising them from GTC to 30 days.  All 20 were charged $0.00 and correctly applied against the promotion.

I am just having some fun as my eBay store is still "on vacation" and these listings will not appear anywhere!

While I miss the cash flow, I do not know when I will re-open my store, if I ever do.  I really enjoy not having to worry about listing, invoicing, shipping, answering inquiries, etc... 

Retirement is not a bad thing!

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Pierre: I just did bulk relisting on 9 unsold items, and all were free. Did your "activate" go through?

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

"Did your "activate" go through?"

Yes, first thing I did before relisting.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I received the email at 11:03am

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I got it too but I'm going on a trip so won't utilize it. Hope a new promo will pop up when I come back! 😃
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

The email from eBay came in today (Apr 22) at 5:13pm (Eastern)

It was sent by eBay:

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 23:13:28 +0200

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Why not list auctions for 10 days.  That way you might have some sales while you are away......unless you are going to be away for more than that time frame.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

"I assume Sell Similar will defeat the New listings restriction"

Very likely. In other words, it's all the same unsold dog**bleep** being listed yet again. I didn't even need to know there was a new promo starting. I could tell by all the **bleep** being listed that I've seen hundreds of times before. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@skylarstuff wrote:

Why not list auctions for 10 days.  That way you might have some sales while you are away......unless you are going to be away for more than that time frame.

I'm gonna be happily traveling for 3 weeks like a crazy girl  Smiley LOL 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Have a great time!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it by checking my Promotional Offers on a daily basis just to make sure and it came up, never got the announcement in my email at all.  Glad to get it and nearly done 1000/1000.  Smile.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

This is strange... did not get this promo or the one before that. And I'm usually invited to at least one if not both. This sucks, because I could really use it!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply