New Listing Promo List 3,000 items Fixed Priced listings March 2-6

I will try and get the link posted shortly.........

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Here is the link with the details......

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2015/0302/MarchListings.html

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

PAY ATTENTION!

(‘relist’ and ‘sell similar’ items not included)

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

That's good!

*ducks to avoid small rocks and large words*

The good thing about these promos is that they can put new items (and new sellers) on the site, making it more interesting for our constantly browsing customers.

The bad thing about most of these promos is that they encourage occasional sellers to throw on hundreds of items that have been proven unsaleable over several listings in several promotions and new sellers who have no idea of what they are doing.

If you can't make money when you pay 5c-30c to list it, it is not suitable for eBay.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Pay Attention (Part Two)

Some sellers are getting a version of this promo which requires Free Domestic Shipping!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

The US promo also required free domestic shipping. This one could be a real problem all the way around if people list on both .ca and .com

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Oh dear.

A lot of hopeful newbies are going to get badly messed up on that requirement.

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Apparently there are various offers floating around with different restrictions, all by invitation only.

Everyone read the one they get very carefully or you could get shafted. Maybe Ebay wants that???????

There are pages on the US boards already about this mixed up mess waiting for a disaster to happen

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

The offer I received was for 3000 free fixed priced listings with free shipping. "Relist" and "Sell Similar" items not included.

Well....that's certainly a **bleep** promo for me. No use whatsoever. Nothing is ever easy these days. Always some catch,eh.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

I don't think of it as a mixed up mess, I think it's more like a basic comprehension and intelligence test. If you can't read and understand perhaps you shouldn't qualify.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

The message I received requires "free shipping" which I already use in any case.  Then eBay states

Why offer Free Shipping

Your listing gets higher search visibility

Buyers can see the Fast 'N Free truck logo right on your item page

You get a sales boost of up to 11%**
Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Free shipping didn't work at all for me. I tried it for about 4 months or so, and my sales dropped drastically...almost in half. As soon as I went back to the shipping added, my sales started to rise again back to 'normal'. So I won't be using this promo.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

You are of course entitled to your own wrong opinion

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

I didn't get the invite, darn.  Smiley Sad  Could have used it as I am listing a lot of new CD's.  Most of my current CD's are on good till cancelled anyway.  

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

How the heck are we supposed to post our items if not use "sell similar"??????????????  Is there any way we can post without using "relist" or "sell similar"??

It seems that eBay is starting to get "crazier" each time with a new promo, what is up??

Message 15 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that eBay has a very strange way of using wordings like saying "excludes 'sell similar" items which is confusing.

I tried to use 'sell similar" and got "3,000...." and was able to post it for FREE.

So why the heck did this promo included that information.  I mean how the heck we can post any new items without using 'sell similar"?  Anyone knew??

As I have said before, it seems that eBay seems to becoming more stranger and crazier with each promo.

I see nothing about requiring with free shipping in this free promo.  It would be totally insane for eBay to expect us to offer free shipping for low-priced items like small photos, trading cards, stamps, etc. 

I appreciate receiving the free promo again but please eBay try not to be "crazier" or include confusing information that is not necessary in the first place.  Thanks.

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

"I see nothing about requiring with free shipping in this free promo"

As stated in earlier posts on this thread, similar but different promotions were sent at the same time.  Some require "free shipping" (mine does), others do not.

How does eBay decide who gets what?  Who knows?  Who cares?

Either sellers take advantage of the promotion they are offered or they do not.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Link to promotion requiring "free shipping":

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2015/0302/ShipFree.html 

"... create a listing that:

(i) is listed in the fixed price format;

(ii) offers free domestic shipping; and

(iii) is a newly listed item (‘relist’ and ‘sell similar’ items not included),..."

Once again, I think eBay means one thing but unfortunately use wording meaning something else. They want to offer free listing promotions for sellers listing new items, adding freshness to the site, not relisting the same old "stuff" that did not sell, promotion after promotion.

Many sellers have used the "relist" and more recently the "sell similar" functions to in fact relist their unsold items, month after month, defeating eBay's purpose to offer free listings to sellers listing new stuff.

However by indicating that using the "sell similar" function will not be allowed for the free listing promotion, eBay is shooting itself in the foot (once again).

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Here is another example of eBay really not knowing what they are doing.  This sentence comes from the promotion requiring "free shipping":

"Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax."

How stupid is that?  The promotion requires "free shipping" yet eBay will charge FVFs on "shipping"?

Do they ever proofread these information pages?

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

However by indicating that using the "sell similar" function will not be allowed for the free listing promotion, eBay is shooting itself in the foot (once again).

I don't agree, as I think eBay probably realized that a lot of sellers have been using the "sell similar" feature as a way to relist the "same old tired unsold stuff" but get better visibility as if they were new listings.  

Actually, the fact that this particular restriction is included in this promo rather proves that there is a connection between "sell similar" and better placement -- very interesting!  I think many sellers have been speculating and experimenting, hoping that was so.  Well, I think eBay has just confirmed it.  

So this restriction does make sense in the context of this particular promotion, and I think you were absolutely right about your conclusions as to the purpose of it -- they are looking for fresh offerings. 

My offer included the free shipping restriction.  This promotion will work for me, as I have a number of new items to list, and offering free domestic shipping is fine by me since I sell so little domestically anyway. 

And you're right, someone didn't proofread very carefully. 

Message 20 of 34
latest reply