New Listing Promo Now Through Jan 26th

New listing promo, good for New Listings only......Auction or fixed price 5, 7 and 10 duration.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

@Anonymous wrote:

And what more I noticed eBay has removed the blue half arrow icon last week.  I prefer that eBay would put it back so we can see the blue icon easily and delete the specific items.

Do not fix it if it is NOT broken.  Please put the half blue arrow icon back immediately!!   It is very time consuming to see "re-listed" which is not clear like the blue half arrow icon 

I completely agree!  I find it far more difficult to quickly scan down my list and spot which items have been relisted and which haven't now that the little blue circular arrow is gone.  

Now it's a matter of reading each and every entry -- and how many of us will accidentally miss or mis-read one of those "not relisted"?  Or worse: mis-read a "relisted" as "not relisted" and end up with trouble for posting a duplicate listing. 

It was pretty hard to misinterpret the old symbols.  There seems to be no rational reason for this change.  I give eBay a BIG defect for this ridiculous idea. 

Message 41 of 51
latest reply

In My eBay UnSold and Selling Manager UnSold, both have a filter at the top to view the relisted and not relisted. Use it to filter out relisted and delete. Or use not relisted filter to relist.

Message 42 of 51
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh just great!!  I would love to post them at fixed price for 30-day duration!  Darn!!  I have used up all my unsold items at 10-day duration.  Had I knew I would use 30-day instead.

I am not happy with this "silly" promo that we cannot "relist" our unsold items.  It is very, very, very time consuming because we have to make sure to delete the items we just post by using "similar" and there is no blue half arrow icon to tell us.

It happened to me 3 times that I post by "similar" that are duplicate lisitng.  Very time consuming having to check back to the active to see if the specific items have been posted and then back to unsold items to delete them and back and forth.

And what more I noticed eBay has removed the blue half arrow icon last week.  I prefer that eBay would put it back so we can see the blue icon easily and delete the specific items.

I wonder why eBay needs to remove the half blue icon, to cause us troubles for duplicate listings or what?

I am disappointed that whoever at eBay got busy working on making our lives more complicated, making more time consuming, etc.,  Why?  

Do not fix it if it is NOT broken.  Please put the half blue arrow icon back immediately!!   It is very time consuming to see "re-listed" which is not clear like the blue half arrow icon and as for using "similar" we are not sure if we did post the specific items and have to go back and forth and back and forth to make sure and of course I ended up with 3 duplicate listings because of that.

Please next time with the future free listings, we are allow to "relist" our unsold items at any time.  Also with fixed-priced format it should be 30 days not 10 days.  It is silly to offer us a promo for fixed-priced format for 10-day duration, I would prefer to use auction-style format for 10-duration not fixed-priced format.  It is so silly.

Thanks for the free promos but this one is so silly, not allow to "relist" and fixed-priced format for 10-day duration, should be 30-day duration. 

I am disappointed as I am done with 1000/1000 already, darn, I wish I knew as I would love to have them for 30-day duration as I sold more items that way than during 10-day duration for the fixed-priced format.

Thanks.

I find it VERY HARD to keep the accurate record of unsold items which I have attended and used "Sell a similar item" option.

If let's say we chose right few on top of the page (let's say 20) and do SIMILAR ITEMS of them, then we some back, mark these 20 on the top again and then delete...  This is not  very hard and hard to make the error.

Much harder if we chose items from the UNSOLD ITEMS page - I often arrange groups based on their subjects, or age, etc...

What I started to do yesterday is:

I open eBay in CHROME and in IE and mark same items on the UNSOLD ITEMS pages on each system... then I recheck the count - let's say 32 in CHROME and 32 in IE.  Just to be sure I did not miss anything

Then I press SELL SIMILAR in CHROME and process to create llsitings... after this I press DELETE button on my IE screen

This still requires a lot of attention, but this is the fastest method for me.

If somebody has developed the better (faster and accurate) method for this procedure, PLEASE SHARE IT!

Message 43 of 51
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

In My eBay UnSold and Selling Manager UnSold, both have a filter at the top to view the relisted and not relisted. Use it to filter out relisted and delete. Or use not relisted filter to relist.

I think Rose meant "sell similar" instead of "relisted", but I might be wrong...

As for the promo, I NEVER received the invitation. I only noticed it today, when I looked at my "Selling" page. Missed 2 days of the promotion because of silly eBay. Grrrrrrr!! At least, 30 days fixed price items are also free, which is awesome! It is just very time consuming having to "sell similar" each time and then delete it from the unsold page.

Message 44 of 51
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess what?  I just got the promo in my eBay account today, way too late past January 26.  Guess whoever at eBay are still drinking eggnog with real rum or angry (possible one of those who will be laid off???) and it doesn't have 30-day duration!

If we have to rely on getting message for promos in our eBay accounts, we would be screwed as we wouldn't knew until it is too late.  eBay, wise up send promos to us in every way, personal email address, eBay account, promotion areas, every way, so we don't miss it.  Thanks.

Hopefully eBay will send another promo as to make up their errors like not including 30-day duration until much later and after I was done with 1000 and it was too late.  Also please allow us to relist as well.  Thanks.

Thanks for the last promo even it was a screw up.

Message 45 of 51
latest reply

Thanks for invite, 24 hours AFTER the promo ended. That is helpful.

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

Got the invite too... one day after it ended! Wow, just... wow.

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

On one of my selling accounts, I just got the invitation today as well. However, whenever I hear that there is a promotion (someone on this Board always posts it as soon as it's received), I check the Promotional Officers in my Selling Manager and, more often than not, it's there. It was this time and I successfully listed from the day the promotion started.
Message 48 of 51
latest reply

Late invite here too!

Sent:  Jan-27-15 10:00 AM
Message 49 of 51
latest reply

Got my offer today also... Good through January 26, 2015.

Message 50 of 51
latest reply

Message for all sellers who did not receive their promotion information in a timely fashion.

We all know eBay is unreliable on the subject.  Nothing new here and it is not getting any better.  Many sellers have come to rely on other Canadian sellers (such as skylarstuff) to post information on new listing promotions on this Board.  We all appreciate the time taken by some sellers helping others.

Another free and easy to use tool available to all of you: subscribe to get the eBay.com announcement by email daily:

http://announcements.ebay.com/

It is free.

It will not tell you about promotions limited to "by invitation only" but everything else, including changes of policy.  Typically there will be a link to the promotion details.  To get the information for eBay.ca, simply change ".com" to ".ca" in the URL.

Message 51 of 51
latest reply