New Promo August 26 to 30 500 Auction Listings on USA site

Here is the fine print

Please note: invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting "Activate offer" in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate.

What is the Promotion?

Invited sellers ("Sellers") who first activate the offer and then create a listing in the auction-style format or auction-style with Buy it Now format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein ("Qualifying Listing"), will pay no insertion fee per item listed ("Promotion") for up to 500 listings during the Promotion Period. All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan.

The Promotion does not apply to listings with 1-day or 3-day duration, final value fees, or optional advanced listing upgrade and supplemental service fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, bold, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category.

Please note: Not all upgrades are available in all listing flows.

Who's eligible?

This Promotion is available to invited sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page; and (iii) meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?

This Promotion will begin on the date specified in the message you received through email or eBay Message Center, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on the date specified in the message you received through e-mail or eBay Message Center, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.com (the "Promotion Period").

How do I activate the Promotion?

Sellers that have been invited to participate will automatically receive the Promotion after they activate the Promotion from the invitation email or the Promotion landing page, and then create Qualifying Listings on the US site at www.ebay.com or eBay Motors at www.ebay.com/motors (Parts & Accessories and Automotive Tools & Supplies only) through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form (SYI 3.0), the Promotional Rate may not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "Seller Account" section in My eBay, under the Account tab, as well as in your next invoice.

Restrictions & Exclusions.

• The Promotion excludes the following: items listed in 1-day or 3-day duration or the fixed price format.
  • Any listings created prior to the time of activation will not be eligible for the Promotion.
  • The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.
  • All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay's Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
  • The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Not sure if it'd be a good idea to use this promo with the risk of a full strike potentially coming...
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Not a full strike but a rotating one by province.  Business as usual for me.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes I know it's rotating, but what if by the end of the auction, ex 7 days later, it has turned into a full strike or lockout? Then you'd have winning buyers and you can't ship. I'm keeping my fixed priced listings live as they are easy to end when needed. I'm not sure if listing as auction is a good idea at all.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Auction items are also just as easy to end as fixed if you use Turbo Lister.  You could end the auction early and award the sale to the highest bidder.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

What is our Plan for Strike Activities?

The National Executive Board (NEB) has decided that our strike activities will rotate through each province or territory and will be the following:

• RSMC Bargaining Unit:         Work only your Schedule A hours.

• Urban Bargaining Unit:       Full-time work only your regular hours – No overtime.

Part-time and temporary employees may extend up to 8 hours but

no overtime.

From what I am reading above......workers will still be working, just no overtime.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply