New Promo - Pay no insertion fees on 500 auction or fixed price listings

Seems like this is for everyone who meets the minimum seller performance standards. But darn it!....it doesn't include 30 day duration. 😞

http://ebay.ca/promo/2014/11_21.html

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

73rhc
Community Member
It would have been nice to get a message. Or I would not have seen thus for a couple of days.
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I never received an email either. I just noticed it in My eBay Promotional Offers section this morning.. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

No email either, but it does look like everyone in good standing has this promo in their 'My Ebay"

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

you never get 30 days for any auction promo. Max is usually 7 days or 10 days

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@gillian1023 wrote:

Seems like this is for everyone who meets the minimum seller performance standards. But darn it!....it doesn't include 30 day duration. 😞

http://ebay.ca/promo/2014/11_21.html

Much thanks for the heads up. Didn't receive a mail but the promo is there on my summary page.

Cheers,

thD

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

you never get 30 days for any auction promo. Max is usually 7 days or 10 days

She was referring to FP. The promo includes 5 and 10 day fixed price listings too.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

my bad

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member

Thanks for the heads up.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I just got the email in my Ebay messages, apparently it is by invitation only.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I only found out this evening when I received an eBay announcement in my Inbox.

I'm very happy with this since I sell in Health and Beauty, and Clothing and Accessories, and fixed price listings in these categories are excluded from the 50 free monthly listings.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@skylarstuff wrote:

Skylar -- the announcement said "All Sellers".

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too.  If I don't check the Promotional area on a daily basis, I wouldn't knew!  Done 500 on eBay.com and have about 300 on eBay.ca. 

Yeah I am disappointed no 30-day duration!  I need that.  Today I just list them for a 5-day duration and then will relist on the 26h for a 10-day duration, making 15 days, still okay but would prefer 30-day duration.  Thanks eBay.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Looks like it is a total of 500 - not 500 per day. I misread it yesterday. Anyone else getting 500 per day?

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Seems it is 500 total - I listed few new and relisted many to have 500... was not charged.

TODAY eBay is charging!

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

@skylarstuff wrote:

Skylar -- the announcement said "All Sellers".

I see where it says that under "Who's eligible"  But the very first line of the message says " This promotion is by invitation only and applies to $#@%^. Sorry no forwarding - the offer is not transferable."

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

That's weird. I see no mention of "By invitation only". Is there a different promotion for certain sellers? This is what mine says under "Who's eligible"...

Who's eligible?

This Promotion is available to all sellers who meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. If you have received fewer than 5 detailed seller ratings from buyers, this information will not appear in My eBay; however, you will receive email notification if your account falls below the minimum performance standards.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

eBay Announcements Today

All sellers: List for FREE—up to 500 listings, auction-style or fixed price—November 21-26

Posted: 21 Nov 2014 10:00 AM PST

--------------------------

Get a jump on Black Friday and Cyber Monday selling. From November 21-November 26, all sellers can list FREE*—which means you pay no insertion fees—on up to 500 auction-style or fixed price listings. This is on top of the free* listings you already get. You can also add Buy It Now FREE to these auction-style listings—it’s a great way to attract last-minute holiday shoppers who don’t want to wait.

Listing durations of 5, 7, and 10 days are included in this Promotion. This offer applies to listings on eBay.com, eBay Motors Parts & Accessories, and eBay Canada. Some categories, including Motor Vehicles and Real Estate, are excluded. Fees for optional features and final value fees on successful sales apply. This Promotion starts on Friday, November 21, 2014, at 00:00:01 PT and will end on Wednesday, November 26, 2014, at 23:59:59 PT. All existing selling limits (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may exclude and prevent certain sellers from creating the maximum number of listings in this promotion. Most categories are included. See terms and conditions for full details.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

This promotion is by invitation only and applies to _______. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable. Final value and optional upgrade fees apply. No guarantee is made that any item will sell at a particular price, or at all.

This is how my first two lines read in the promo message I got on Ebay messaging.

I tried to cut and paste the link but I had a problem doing it.  Under who is eligible it reads the same as yours everyone etc.

There must have been error on Ebays part to send the message through Ebay messaging showing the two lines I am referring to.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@skylarstuff wrote:

This promotion is by invitation only and applies to _______. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable. Final value and optional upgrade fees apply. No guarantee is made that any item will sell at a particular price, or at all.

This is how my first two lines read in the promo message I got on Ebay messaging.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

It really is strange that your message reads that way.  Mine, once I click on Terms and Conditions, reads the same as Gillian's -- "This Promotion is available to all sellers who meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards."

Message 20 of 25
latest reply