New Promo: Sell now and save 20% discount on Final Value Fees

ebay.ca Promo

Sell now and save: 20% discount on Final Value Fees.
Receive a 20% final value fee discount for 100 sold items listed during promo period Learn More

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 7.32.40 AM.png

Terms & Conditions

Please note: Invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting “Activate offer” on the Promotion landing page. 

What is the Promotion?
Invited sellers ("Sellers") who activate the offer and then create a listing in the fixed price, auction-style, or auction-style with Buy It Now format, will receive a 20% discount on final value fees (collectively referred to as "Promotion") for up to 100 sold items that are listed during the Promotion Period as defined below.

The Promotion does not apply to insertion fees or optional advanced listing upgrade and supplemental service fees. Discounted final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item and shipping, excluding any sales tax. All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. View the everyday rate plan for full details. Fees for optional features (such as reserve pricesubtitleGallery Pluslisting in 2 categories, etc.) and any applicable PayPal fees will still apply. Please note: Not all features are available in all listing flows.

Who’s eligible?
This Promotion is available to Sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the promotion in the email or on the Promotion landing page; and (iii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards.  Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. 

When is it? 
This Promotion will begin on the date specified in the message you received through email or eBay Message Center, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on the date specified in the message you received through e-mail or eBay Message Center, at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.ca  (the “Promotion Period”).

How do I activate the Promotion?
Sellers that have been invited to participate will automatically receive the Promotion after they activate the Promotion from the invitation email or the Promotion landing page, and then create listings on the US site at www.ebay.ca through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools ("Qualifying Listings"). Please note that the Promotional Rate may not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "Seller Account" section in My eBay, under the Account tab, as well as in your next invoice.

Restrictions & Exclusions.

1. The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period. 
  2. The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.
  3. All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Ends May 08, 2017

11:59:59 pm EDT

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Unfortunately, this promotional offer is by invitation only.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Bummer. I assumed most everyone would be invited since my assumption was this is to soften the May 1 reduction in Final Value Fees for Top Sellers under the Spring Update.
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

No invitation!

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

does this mean we got 100 free listing for this promo Sell now and save 20% discount on Final Value Fees

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

I dont think so. It's not 100 extra listings. It means, I believe, that you save 20 per cent of FVF on the first 100 of your items that sell before May 8.
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Invited sellers ("Sellers") who activate the offer and then create a listing in the fixed price, auction-style, or auction-style with Buy It Now format, will receive a 20% discount on final value fees (collectively referred to as "Promotion") for up to 100 sold items that are listed during the Promotion Period as defined below.
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@gotstuff4u1 wrote:

does this mean we got 100 free listing for this promo Sell now and save 20% discount on Final Value Fees

No. As mj said it has nothing to do with listing fees or free listings.  If you were invited, items that you list during that time will receive a discount on fvf if they sell.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

NOTE.....

It's not save 20 per cent on the first 100 items that sell during the promo period. 

It's save 20 per cent on the first 100 NEWLY-LISTED items that sell during the promo period. As in you have to create 100 new listings after you activate the offer and then sell THOSE ONES to get 20 per cent off your final value fees.

I thought it was any old item that sells during the promo. (Which might actually be useful.) Silly wabbit. 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

... It's save 20 per cent on the first 100 NEWLY-LISTED items that sell during the promo period. As in you have to create 100 new listings after you activate the offer and then sell THOSE ONES to get 20 per cent off your final value fees. ...

Which just means using sell-similar instead of simply relisting items to take advantage of the offer.

-..-

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

That's a great tip. I wish it had occurred to me. Mine are virtually all GTC.
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

NOTE.....

It's not save 20 per cent on the first 100 items that sell during the promo period. 

It's save 20 per cent on the first 100 NEWLY-LISTED items that sell during the promo period. As in you have to create 100 new listings after you activate the offer and then sell THOSE ONES to get 20 per cent off your final value fees.

I thought it was any old item that sells during the promo. (Which might actually be useful.) Silly wabbit. 

Right, that's why I said items you list during that time me will receive a discount if you qualify for the promo.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

... It's save 20 per cent on the first 100 NEWLY-LISTED items that sell during the promo period. As in you have to create 100 new listings after you activate the offer and then sell THOSE ONES to get 20 per cent off your final value fees. ...

Which just means using sell-similar instead of simply relisting items to take advantage of the offer.

-..-

I hadn't thought of that although it does sound like that.  I don't think I have ever gotten one of these promos anyway. 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

Since I'm a legacy user who's chosen to sell only on .COM, I get zippitydodahhh promos....

I don't remember the last one I received. 

Doesn't really matter most of the time anyway, I never use up my BIN anchor count and very rarely have the time and energy to run auctions.....

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

As far as usefulness goes, this Promo rates fairly low to my mind. It's like someone offering you a voucher for a free ice cream cone. Redeemable only in Winnipeg in February on the 29th day of the month between 2:34 am and 3:46 am on the third Wednesday of the month. If the moon is full. Conditions apply.
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Free ice cream cone? You better believe I would do everything in my power to be there.
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

"...only in Winnipeg in February on the 29th day of the month between 2:34 am and 3:46 am on the third Wednesday of the month...."

Slightly off-topic - Reminds me of a classic "blonde" joke:

One blonde told another blonde."I hear Christmas will be on a Friday this year"

Second blonde answered: "I hope it is not Friday the 13th!"

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

lol I think that you are exaggerating just a tad. If you list them as 30 day fp listings you have 30 days to sell them.  

Message 20 of 24
latest reply