New Promo: Sell now and save 20% discount on Final Value Fees

ebay.ca Promo

Sell now and save: 20% discount on Final Value Fees.
Receive a 20% final value fee discount for 100 sold items listed during promo period Learn More

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I'd have to end perfectly good GTC and relist them as Sell Similar to do that. It would be far easier for eBay to just take 100 of the first (hah!) items Sold before May 8 and apply the 20 FVF reduction to that.
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Sure it would be easier for you but how would that benefit eBay? They want to encourage new listings, not give an extra discount just because.  It's already a bonus that previously listed items can be used at all.  

I'm sure that some sellers think we should simply be rewarded by eBay and perhaps we should be rewarded at times. But when you do a promotion or sale are you doing it to reward your customers or to increase sales and benefit your business?   I suspect your goal is to do  both and that's basically what eBay is doing.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

I would assume that eBay wants to encourage sellers to sell things, period, since that's how they make the money. And not be particular about which Items those are.
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

How is giving you a discount for listings already on eBay an incentive for you to sell?  

Bottom line -  some sellers were given a promotion with the incentive to save fees.  If it's not worth your while to use it then that's your choice.   I can see the reasoning for why they set it up like they did so wanted to give another point of view.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply