24 REPLIES 24

New Promo

I was not invited to this party, and that's okay because I scored with the first one they ran like this.

Thanks for posting!

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

While no email or message was received from eBay, the promotion does appear in my Selling Manager.

However, I will not be using it as I am finally closing my eBay store this Wednesday, November 25th.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

I know you have valid reasons for doing so, pierrel, but I will be sad to see you go. ebay Canada and its Community owes you a debt.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

@pierrelebel wrote:

However, I will not be using it as I am finally closing my eBay store this Wednesday, November 25th.

I hope you will still enjoy bantering on the Boards, Pierre!   Otherwise, I'll have nobody to disagree with.  Woman Very Happy

I sincerely wish you the best, whatever you do.  

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

I did get invited (no email, just in my Promo section), but I find it interesting that eBay is targeting this promo toward people who want to "flip their holiday finds", not established sellers who want to increase sales and reduce costs.  Hmm.  I had to smile.   

Obviously this is intended to draw in people who have never sold before, or rarely.  Well, I'll be making use of it anyway if I can! 

Interesting that the last time they ran a promo on FVFs, it was zero fees, now there's a cap per item.  

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

I did not see anything about free listing fees, just FVF's cap. If that is correct and you have no free listings left, I believe you will be charged listing fees.

Correct me if I misread.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

@dutchman48 wrote:

I did not see anything about free listing fees, just FVF's cap. If that is correct and you have no free listings left, I believe you will be charged listing fees.

Correct me if I misread.

As I understand this promo, it is just a FVF cap and no free insertion fees for listings. Useful only if you have items that will have a FVF of over $10 if they sell.

It will do not harm to activate this promo if you have items over the $10 or not. By the way, it says Shipping FVF is included to make the FVF of $10 to quality for the $10 cap.

From the promo details

For example, if the total value of an item listed during the Promotion Period is sold for $40, including the shipping cost, $4 in final value fees will apply. If the total value of the item that is sold is $320, the final value fee will be capped at $10 (instead of paying the regular fee of $32).

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

No free listing fee but there is already a promo right now running till the 29th for 1000 free listings.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

I've been getting all the promos for the last 6 months. Its getting to the point that it doesn't cost me anything at all on a month to month base to list or relist my 580+ store item and my subscription is for 200 a month ?????

Is there such thing as to many listing one can handle?

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

I subscribed to a store account last month too and I only used ONE out of 200 LOL. Don't think I'll be keeping the store. 

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

Pierre,

Well today is your last day for your store.  I wanted to let you know that I have found your insights in the "goings on (or lack thereof)" at eBay so very helpful. 

I know I will miss your wisdom but certainly wish you all the best down the road.

Merry Christmas.

Kathy

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

@pocomocomputing wrote:

As I understand this promo, it is just a FVF cap and no free insertion fees for listings. Useful only if you have items that will have a FVF of over $10 if they sell.

Yes, that's it exactly.  I think this is the first time they've run a promo with a FVF cap.  

Has anyone here already tried to list under this promo?  

I just did a test (30-day fixed price, using "Sell Similar") and it didn't show up in the count for this particular promo.  Since there are 2 promos currently active on my Seller board, I'm wondering if the earlier listing fee promo (1,000) has to be used up first before this one kicks in.  I suppose I should have waited before activating the FVF promo.  

I have a couple of rather pricey items to list on which I'd like to save FVFs, but I don't want them to end up being counted under the listing fee promo, which I really don't need to use completely anyway.  Is it necessary to actually create a new listing (i.e. not "Sell Similar") in order to have the item counted under the FVF promo?  Or will everything go into the listing fee promo until it's used up?  

I wish eBay would somehow let us specify which promo we want to apply if there is more than one running. 

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

The FVF $100 promo will only count sales that qualify for the cap. It is active on all listings listed in the promo period, does not matter if listed by the 1000 insertion free promo or items listed under any promo with a store or paid for listings. It is a sales promo, not a listing promo.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

Be careful as the shipping included may mean free shipping. If you charge shipping, the FVF on shipping may not be considered. Always little twists to the verbage

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

@pocomocomputing wrote:

It is active on all listings listed in the promo period, does not matter if listed by the 1000 insertion free promo or items listed under any promo with a store or paid for listings.

Are you certain about this?  

If this is so, then a seller would have to be sure to include in the 1000 free listing promo some items with a value high enough to qualify for the FVF promo, correct?  Yet if the first 100 that sell happen to be under the ceiling for a $10 FVF, the more expensive items that a seller really needs and wants the deal on won't benefit at all.  

I still find this promo confusing.  The previous FVF promo seemed simple: you list 5 items that you want the promo to apply to (during the qualifying period), they show up on the counter for that promo and you get the FVF discount on those items once they sell.  Raphael says he's going to check the details and elaborate -- I'll check the Wed. board later. 

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

They did one similar last year at this time where it was something like: list ten items and pay no more than $20 in FVFs on them. I don't recall the details but the point was to encourage sellers to list high-value items which would then not have FVF assessed against them. But it was the next ten items there as well once it was activated. Clear as mud. It didn't do much for me at the time. 

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

@mjwl2006 wrote:

They did one similar last year at this time where it was something like: list ten items and pay no more than $20 in FVFs on them. I don't recall the details but the point was to encourage sellers to list high-value items which would then not have FVF assessed against them. 

Yeah, I absolutely love these promos!  I took advantage of both of the FVF promos that ran in the past few months.  The last one was just a few weeks ago (pay $0 FVFs), although it was only for 5 items on each of .ca and .com.  Still, I took full advantage of that one, as I often sell items in the $100 - $250 range.  

I have a feeling by the time the details actually get sorted out and explained by Raphael it may be too late for me on this one...Woman Indifferent

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

The free listing promo ends on the 29th. This FVF promo ends on the 30th. Maybe try listing your $100+ items on the 30th and see how that goes?

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

I subscribed to the promo (but not the other one) and it is using my store listings instead of the promotion listings 😞  I guess the phrase "The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan" really applies here.

With the 5 "no FVF", they were used first. Not here. What is the point of this promo then? I never use my regular 200 per month. I guess I will close my store very shortly. I wanted to keep it during the holidays, but now, I'm not so sure it is worth it...

Message 20 of 25
latest reply