24 REPLIES 24

New Promo

@lady.stark wrote:

I subscribed to the promo (but not the other one) and it is using my store listings instead of the promotion listings 😞  I guess the phrase "The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan" really applies here.

With the 5 "no FVF", they were used first. Not here. What is the point of this promo then? I never use my regular 200 per month. I guess I will close my store very shortly. I wanted to keep it during the holidays, but now, I'm not so sure it is worth it...

I'm glad you posted this, thank you.  It does explain a point about the FVF promo that I'd been trying to clarify with Raphael yesterday.  

In my case, since I did subscribe to the 1,000 free listings promo just prior to the FVF promo, all the new listings I created ended up in the first promo.  I presume that will go on until the 1,000 are used up, at which point the FVF promo counter will finally start to click in.  The trouble is, I don't have 1,000 items to list at the moment! 

The earlier (free listing) promo ends on Nov. 29th I believe, and the FVF promo ends at midnight a day later.  So I think the only way I can take properly advantage of the FVF promo is to wait until the morning of Nov. 30th and have the items I want to save FVFs on ready to list immediately. 

This seems silly.  Why run 2 promos that overlap if we can't specify which one we want to use for which listing? 

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

@lady.stark wrote:

I subscribed to the promo (but not the other one) and it is using my store listings instead of the promotion listings 😞  I guess the phrase "The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan" really applies here.

With the 5 "no FVF", they were used first. Not here. What is the point of this promo then? I never use my regular 200 per month. I guess I will close my store very shortly. I wanted to keep it during the holidays, but now, I'm not so sure it is worth it...

I don't have this promo but based on what it says in the promo and on what Raphael said you won't see the counter change on the fvf promotion until an item that qualifies is sold. It is not a listing special so although the counter will change on your store listings when you are listing, an item that qualifies for the promotion will count once it sells.

"The counter on the free listings promo will go down every time you list an eligible item but the counter on the FVF promo won't go down until items sell and the FVF is applied."  Post 23 -   http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/November-25th-2015-Weekly-Session/td-p/319952/page/2

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

In my case, since I did subscribe to the 1,000 free listings promo just prior to the FVF promo, all the new listings I created ended up in the first promo.  I presume that will go on until the 1,000 are used up, at which point the FVF promo counter will finally start to click in.  The trouble is, I don't have 1,000 items to list at the moment! 

No, the 1000 listings has nothing to do with it. You could use them all today and the fvf promo would not 'kick in'. Once you have activated the fvf promo, the listings that you create during the promo time will qualify for the fvf cap once they have sold, assuming that they meet all the other criteria. As Raphael said, your fvf promo counter will not change until the item has sold.

Bottom line.... you can take advantage of 2 promotions for the same listings.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

Well, I guess I was right to think it was ON TOP of all other listings, because the counter completely disappeared today. It should have stayed active until all my eligible items were up. But it is not there anymore.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

New Promo

@lady.stark wrote:

Well, I guess I was right to think it was ON TOP of all other listings, because the counter completely disappeared today. It should have stayed active until all my eligible items were up. But it is not there anymore.

Below is a posting from a seller the .com selling board about the same promo.

The offer was good until Nov. 30th to list
If this was the offer for $10.00 FVF for the first 100 items sold & you did activate it  & list your high priced items during the promo then all should be fine.
It is no longer showing in my active promos but an item of mine sold & when I checked my account balance the fee was only $10.00 with Promo in green next to it.
If any of you items sell just check you account for recent activity since last invoice.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply