New "Drafts" Section in Selling Manager

I was aware of this new section introduced a couple of weeks ago, but just assumed that this option would be selected when you were intentionally preparing a draft listing, which I haven't had occasion to do recently.

Over the weekend, I had trouble with my Internet Explorer crashing in the middle of a listing and I ended up re-writing a description 3 times for a couple of listings.  Very frustrating but not a huge problem.

Today I happened to notice Drafts (6) in Selling Manager, had a look and there were my partially completed listings.  So now I'll know where to look if this happens again.

I just thought I'd mention this in case you didn't know that you could find partially completed listings there that resulted from a computer glitch or crash.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Thanks 'jt' -- that's good to know!  I made the same assumption as you, i.e. that "Drafts" had to be deliberately set up as such. 

It's really about time eBay introduced something like this, very much overdue in fact, considering the number of times issues pop up on this site, either because of eBay programming or browser incompatibility. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It seems to save all manner of stuff. Could ir be, GASP, a positive "improvement"?
Photobucket
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Drafts have been around for a couple of years now. You could only see them on the Sell page. At first the Sell page would only show one draft and if you deleted it, then the next draft title was seen. I think 5 to 10 drafts were saved. The interface one at time on the Sell page was almost useless. They changed it in the past year to show more than one, I think 3 on eBay.ca at one time and 5 on the eBay.com Sell page. If more than 5 were saved, you had to delete one to show the 6th one and so on. Recently in the past few months drafts were automatically being saved. Also option to save as a draft was added recently in the SYI form.

By adding Drafts to Selling Manager, they made the drafts feature easy to use. Interface is like all other Selling Manager listings views. Bulk edit is possible. They also allow thousands of drafts to be saved. They are only kept for 30 days so it is not a way to keep old listings like Turbo Lister or Selling Manager Pro. All new for this Seller Update.

Many sellers used Scheduled Listings to hold listing. They just put a schedule date 2-3 weeks in the future and then they edited and revised listings in the Schedule Listings view. When ready to list, you just bulk edited the start time to immediate and they listed without a schedule fee charge. Exactly what Drafts do now. Maybe eBay decided that if Scheduled Listings was being used this way, then a Drafts feature would a nice feature.

In the past year eBay has been making changes to the online Sell Your Item form. Some good, some annoying. Overall better in my opinion.

For information on changes to Selling Tools, read this eBay 2014 Seller Update page

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2014/all-in-one-tools.html

Most of the attention to the 2014 Fall Update was on the Return Policy changes but there does seem to be some good things in the page above for sellers using Selling Manager and My eBay.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

You could only see them on the Sell page. At first the Sell page would only show one draft and if you deleted it, then the next draft title was seen. I think 5 to 10 drafts were saved. The interface one at time on the Sell page was almost useless.

Thanks pocomo....   Because of the fact that it only kept the most recent draft, I really never viewed this as being useful so I forgot all about it.  I wasn't aware they had enhanced this feature a year ago.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply