No International Shipping

I listed all my items with the "No International Shipping" option checked but yesterday someone from Australia purchased one of my item and requested the total price.

How is this possible? I thought they would be blocked from buying my item.

And the item is a XBOX360 game. From experience, how much would it cost to ship this item ?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

There are two things to do ---

(1)  The "Ship to" option....;    Such as Canada and United States.... This is cosmetic  and all potential buyers see.

(2) Excluded shipping Options.... This is where buyers from specific countries are blocked from buying.....It can be global, for all listings....  or it can be specific to a listing...    include a country  that is excluded globally.

It sound like you did number 1, but not number 2....  Number 2 is what does the exclusion.

Link to ... for the How to do it.....

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Determining shipping cost on the Canada Post website....

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member

Offer the buyer the shipping cost with tracking. You may or may not add S&H, as eBay will take their cut. You may also give the buyer the option to cancel the transaction. And obviously set up your excluded country list.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@guiletrud190 wrote:

I listed all my items with the "No International Shipping" option checked but yesterday someone from Australia purchased one of my item and requested the total price.

How is this possible? I thought they would be blocked from buying my item.

And the item is a XBOX360 game. From experience, how much would it cost to ship this item ?

Thank you.

This is the classic "ships to" argument. The inclusion of the ships to Canada is not the exclusion of worldwide shipping. All it means is that worldwide shipping is not stated.  "Ships to" does not mean "Canada only".

Yes, you personally have to physically block where you do not want to ship to. I doubt you will have many sales selling only to Canada.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

Mostly $6.51.  If its an older one with thick manual and old style heavier case, or sealed one you can't take out a french manual then it might go over 150gm and be $10.54.  it would be ridiculous to use tracking

make sure its a region free one, or the buyer understands its an american game that isn't

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

"it would be ridiculous to use tracking"

Seriously? Have you not read all of the horror stories or even been through sending something without tracking???? Also, it's another way to get out of the transaction. The buyer often wants to back out went they see the high cost of shipping.

I would never tell someone to send anything without tracking. INR, You lose! Plain and simple!

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@73rhc wrote:

Seriously? Have you not read all of the horror stories or even been through sending something without tracking???? Also, it's another way to get out of the transaction. The buyer often wants to back out went they see the high cost of shipping.

I would never tell someone to send anything without tracking. INR, You lose! Plain and simple!

Untrue. I have lost three parcels out of 2500 to phony INR. Total losses out of my pocket, $60 in three years.

Since I lose nothing, statistically speaking, from NOT using tracking, why would I pay for it?

Photobucket
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

They are not all phony. Packages get lost!

Keep up your streak of giving bad advise!!! You're batting a thousand!!!

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

First find out if the item is even legal to sell to the country. If it is not it does not matter if it has Tracking if Customs confiscates it based on the Tariff #.

Re: Tracking Canada Post International Light /Small Packet does not come with free D/C, the cheapest is Tracked Packet $15 for USA but $44 to places like the UK.

imageelf
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@73rhc wrote:

OP ships without Tracking Domestic.

imageelf
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

If it goes letter, ok. If it goes parcel, it has automatic tracking!!!

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@73rhc wrote:

I don't agree that tracking is never necessary and don't agree that tracking is always necessary either. For me, it depends on the item, price, location and cost of shipping. The last thing that the OP sold was a $14.99 game and I it would be overkill to charge $40+ to send that just to have tracking.

You said that you would never tell someone to send an item without tracking yet I doubt that you use tracking on all of your own items. For example, you have some items listed for $9.99 with free shipping.  Shipping with tracking from Quebec to Alberta or to the U.S. would cost more than $10 so either you lose money on those listings or you don't use tracking. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@73rhc wrote:

If it goes letter, ok. If it goes parcel, it has automatic tracking!!!

So you use tracking to the U.S. even when you only charge $10 for shipping? I suppose that's possible but difficult to do when you start an item out at $9.99

Also, I believe the item that Toby was referring to would go light packet which of course is similar to letterpost. If you use letterpost why criticize someone else for suggesting the OP use a similar service?

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Hold on a sec!!!!!!! I have 2 items or so at $9.99 and free shipping. Take a look at what they are!!!! They will  most likely go letter within Canada. Yeah, I won't send it with tracking!

And I never said to use tracking on everything. My point was, and still is, if the OP wants to get out of the transaction. Send an invoice with tracking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, I said, that it is not good advise to tell someone on these boards to send items without tracking. New users read these things and then they send something to France, Poland, Turkey, Russia, China....the list goes on and on. And then they get screwed when they try to defend themselves. And they lose their shirt because Paypal sides with the buyer. Please try and follow next time.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I send the same thing the op is sending to those countries all the time.  Russia has been great the past couple years.  

OP is mailing without tracking all the time(like every single game seller on ebay  in canada), so no different to AUS.  Its not an expensive item that would ever make sense to track

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

@73rhc wrote:

Hold on a sec!!!!!!! I have 2 items or so at $9.99 and free shipping. Take a look at what they are!!!! They will  most likely go letter within Canada. Yeah, I won't send it with tracking!

And I never said to use tracking on everything. My point was, and still is, if the OP wants to get out of the transaction. Send an invoice with tracking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, I said, that it is not good advise to tell someone on these boards to send items without tracking. New users read these things and then they send something to France, Poland, Turkey, Russia, China....the list goes on and on. And then they get screwed when they try to defend themselves. And they lose their shirt because Paypal sides with the buyer. Please try and follow next time.

I'm following just fine.  

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

By your response, I don think you were. You should reread it.
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

I will get right on that. Well..maybe later.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply