OMG, Paypal has caught the eBay disease! My summary page is completely changed!

I don't know how many sellers have noticed, but take a look at your Paypal summary page.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who was shocked to see the whole thing radically altered! 

I actually thought I'd been misdirected by some malware to a Paypal-lookalike site and quickly closed the window.  Today I logged into Paypal directly, and there it is, the monstrosity.  It's like going home after a long day at work and finding somebody's renovated your house without asking, changed all your furniture and moved all your personal belongings into new cupboards.  

Oh, I wish, please, please please, they would leave things alone for a while.  I knew where everything was at a glance, and I could manage my seller account easily; now I have to start all over again.  Yechhh.  

Rant fini, merci! 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hi Rose,

I got shocked too when attended my PAYPAL account today.

And even panicked a little!  My first thought was that I am not where I suppose to be.

Did not have time to press many buttons to learn new displays and options... 

I guess a general note addressed to all users about the amendments would be appropriate in this case.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I usually sign into paypal via the shipnow link so I haven't been seeing that front page mess.

The trick on that page of junk is to go the very bottom and click on "Site map" -- that gives you a usable web page.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Wow!!!  I have to agree 100 percent.  The new Paypal website design is AWFUL!!!  Why can't they just leave something that works well alone?  I've used the old site for over eight years and it was simple and functional and did the job well.  The new look is not user friendly at all.  Took me about three minutes just to change some funds from US to Canadian by the time I found the link.  The high payed corporate types apparently never heard the expression "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  Pathetic waste of time/money to redesign it into something non - functional and ugly as sin!  Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Mine hasn't changed at least for the last few months.  I don't have a summary page on paypal.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Woo hoo! Good thing I saw this thread!

When I went to log in I noticed I had options:

"Try it now"

and smaller underneath:

"Try it later"

I'm a try it later after they fix problems kinda guy.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

IT people must continually justify their existence. eBay is a perfect example. Non-stop 'improvement' of everything & anything they can think of just to keep busy. Change for the sake of change.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

There are a number of what to me are new reports, sales by country, customer sorting options, that I could not find from the old view.

Were they available before?

If not I love this new version. MTD and YTD numbers right on the front page. Happy to discover I was wrong about International sales, they are indeed up again. Nice to have the exact data instantly...

Thought I'd never say it, but thumbs up Paypal

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

There is an option to switch for Classic Look, down left corner.

New version is kind of cluttery and not clear, personally I dislike it very much.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Withdraw located in Wallet(!)

and very annoying option to complete profile by confirming mobile or adding personal photo to site....  Man Frustrated

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

I don't know how many sellers have noticed, but take a look at your Paypal summary page.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who was shocked to see the whole thing radically altered! 

Mine hasn't changed yet, nor is there an option to try the new format.  But thanks for the heads up!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply