ONE OF ONE MARIO LEMIUEUX AUTO BLACK DIAMOND

HI IM SELLING A ONE OF ONE MARIO LEMIUEUX AUTO BLACK DIAMOND,IM ASKING $2500.00, WHAT DO YOU THINK IS IT ENOUGH OR SHOULD ASK MORE

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

The card is not worth anything (like most cards). So you are basing it on his autograph. First, no one can know if it is real or not. I've watched enough pawn shop shows where people think an autograph is real and an expert comes in and breaks it to them that it isn't. If you had it autographed and you know it is real, it doesn't mean that your buyers are going to be able to trust you at your word. Second, an autograph from Mario Lemiueux is not worth $2500. I saw some people paying almost $300.

That isn't to say that you can't sell it for that. If someone wants it they may spend whatever to get it. It's just not very likely. Plus, it's a bit of a risk to you. If they get the card and then say it didn't arrive or it was not what you advertised they get their money back.

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

MARIO LEMIEUX 2000-01 UPPER DECK RESERVE -

4.00 COMMON

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

This is an authentic 1/1 factory produced autographed card of Lemieux. As to what it is worth is another question.
Message 4 of 39
latest reply

You need two things ...

(1) Provenance.....   How did you get this card.....

(2) Certification... A well-know, respected organization  must certify it is what you say it is.....  and because of the expected value..... two organizations  providing certification may be a better option.

and with certification... it could get lost in the mail...

Proving it is not a fake......  I have seen Gretzky rookie cards... fakes .....sell for good money..... at a local auction... mainly because the buyer did NOT know what to look for....   Certification required....and even certification can be "fake"

If I were to buy  something such as this, I would like to see it in person.....    

There are problems with the sale of items ...such as coins...  and  other high value collectables....where photographs  can be made to "lie"... and it is buyer beware....  and in turn... Seller Beware if the item has true value...  and buyer claims it is a fake.....

and ...Remember once the buyer has the item... they are in control.....

---------------------------------------------

There was once an organization that was selling certified hockey collectables on eBay...  Then it was proved  that their sales were too good to be true... effectively fakes.....  fake signatures, primarily .... and more.

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

What Cumos says.

Plus, ask anything you want, yer not going to get it based on that listing. One line description? In caps? Why are you yelling?

Two pictures and no effective description? would you buy that card based on that listing? I wouldn't.

Going by yer FB number, you are new to this game.

Look at how other sellers are dealing with high dollar sports cards. Get it professionally graded. Without proof of anything, it has no value. Use it in the spokes of yer bicycle.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 39
latest reply

"$2,500....IS IT ENOUGH"

Time will tell if a buyer is willing to pay that much on eBay.

Having sold collectibles for over a quarter of a century (stamps), I frankly do not think so.

On the other hand, I am really puzzled by your shipping charge.  Why charge $13 on a $2,500+ transaction?

Your return policy: "The seller will not accept returns for this item."  Really? 

Do you expect a buyer - who does not know you and has not seen the merchandise - to pay you that much money without any guarantee?  Without the right to return if "not as described"?  In such instance, PayPal would approve the case, regardless of your stated policy, refund the buyer and take the money back from you.

To justify the price, have you consulted professional card dealers?

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

Even though it is 1 of 1

This card was not issued, and not signed during his playing days..

This alone drops the value  way , way down....

Imagine if it was Sidney Crosby... in his Vancouver 2010 Olympic Jersey... signed  immediately after the gold medal game...

Provenance  and certification   most likely with a photograph  and you there in person....

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

A lot of the Newer More Valuable cards have the Manufacturer Authentication on the rear of the card due to the amount of counterfeit product on the market. Do you have a picture of the rear of the card ? Are 1/1s that valuable ? I guess they could be, but I would probably buy a few High Grade Yount's,, Ripken Jr's & Brett's. Dating myself with those players of course.
Message 9 of 39
latest reply

Wow, same problem as Brande, must have something to do with the IE Update a few days ago.

Posting on Chrome now, will see what happens.

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

Fine on Chrome, guess the problem is with IE.

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

There is an out of focus picture of the back. Hard to read. I do not know what to look for anyway. Pass.

OP, consider this, you are getting a lot of critical remarks. Why is that? The listing is just not that good, on several levels.

To get what you want for this card, you have to work, and work hard to get it. The money will not come to you. You have to go to the money.
Photobucket
Message 12 of 39
latest reply

I have seen Gretzky rookie cards...fakes...sell for good money...at a local auction.

Small Auction House on Princess Street, not sure if they are still around Cumos, sold a Near Mint Gretzky, Lemieux & a Patrick Roy Rookie Lot for just over $800. probably twelve years ago.

These were the O Pee Chee Anniversary Reprints from a while back, unfortunately they were not marked as reprints & a lot of people got taken for cards that were worth $5 each tops.

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

If they have a good scan of the back of the card, it will clearly state Manufacturer Authenticated especially for a 1/1.

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

Wachniaks. No, they closed up shoppe a few years back. Hang on, they were on King. Gray's was on Princess?

Photobucket
Message 15 of 39
latest reply

Just remembered the name, they were called First Choice Auctions.

They were on Princess, I think at the corner of Pacific.

I don't think they were around too long, but I remember they were nice people.

Cumos would know the intersection.

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

Name does not ring a bell. There is another auction house, or was, right about there.
Photobucket
Message 17 of 39
latest reply

Pretty sure on the name, but stand to be corrected.

Could have had a different name, before & after my time period.

There was an antique store a few steps away, but not Grey's & the Political Irish Club, which died a quick death.

Twelve years ago as I was just starting listing auctions on eBay on my friends account.

Remember back then, we actually made Big Bucks on auction listings.

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

I made nice money on auctions back then. About nine years ago I switched to a store and BIN format, my prices went up.

I think our OP got sucked into the easy money thing that eBay spouts. OP has been selling $4 widgets. Bit of a leap from $4 to $2500.
Photobucket
Message 19 of 39
latest reply

At about the first time hockey cards sold at Stonewall

Nine Rookie cards  

First one... $45

Next two  at $45 each

and then the rest at $45 each

Yet 6 of hem were valued at no more than  $6 to $10.

Buyers just did not know true value.....

Message 20 of 39
latest reply