Pay Pal

I received payment from a Buyer yesterday and received notice from PP that it was okay to ship.I printed it off and left Feed Back for the sale. I checked it in PP before and there was a refund for the item that was supposed to have been issued by me which I did not issue and when I check it in my sold list it is now showing not being paid. I did not issue the Refund to the buyer as I have the item in stock. I don't know to ship it or not.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Pay Pal

I have the same thing!!!

Mine was purchased at 20:19, the reversal happened at 20:42, it says because:

"PayPal reversed this payment because of a dispute or payment review. The money has been returned to the sender's PayPal account."

So the short version is I've not been paid. (Ie don't send the item yet)

I sent a note to the buyer advising them that something was weird, I also resent an invoice to them.

The WORST part was that there was no notification from PAYPAL that they reversed the payment, the only reason I noticed something was weird was because it showed as not being paid in myebay!!!!

Every day seems to be a new adventure around here!!!

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Pay Pal

That is the same as mine, I got the info from PP that it was paid and then the Refund was issued a few minutes later by PP and it shows not being paid for on E-Bay & I did not receive any notice from PP for the refund. I a always nervous with these things from PP after I got hacked through PP a year ago.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Pay Pal

@lukey9 wrote:

I received payment from a Buyer yesterday and received notice from PP that it was okay to ship.I printed it off and left Feed Back for the sale. I checked it in PP before and there was a refund for the item that was supposed to have been issued by me which I did not issue and when I check it in my sold list it is now showing not being paid. I did not issue the Refund to the buyer as I have the item in stock. I don't know to ship it or not.

Don't ship until you have the payment. You might want to manually mark it as unshipped.

You might want to contact paypal support and ask what's going on.

View from the other side:

About 4 or 5 years ago I was charged by paypal as a "buyer" for something that I didn't buy. It was automatically reversed in minutes. I didn't even get the chance to complain.

I was checking my email at the time and a message came in saying I'd made a payment. By the time I'd signed in to paypal see what was going on, the transaction had been cancelled.

Needless to say, I changed my password.

So it could be an attempt at fraud or paypal messing up the bookkeeping.

-..-

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Pay Pal

@lukey9 wrote:

That is the same as mine, I got the info from PP that it was paid and then the Refund was issued a few minutes later by PP and it shows not being paid for on E-Bay & I did not receive any notice from PP for the refund. I a always nervous with these things from PP after I got hacked through PP a year ago.

Hmmm the plot maybe thickens.... was the item in question one of the 1937 or 1940 coins that sold?

If so, it is quite possible it is actually the same buyer, the item of mine that sold and is at issue is a WWII era batch of stamps.

I'll post updates as I have them....it will be interesting to see what happens!

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Pay Pal

Hello,

It was a 1940 A Copper Nazi Germany  2 Pfennig coin, I can't name the buyer but he has a 42 feed back number. I just changed my PP pass word to be on the safe side as I don't want to be hacked again.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Pay Pal

WOW that's a coincidence!

Yep 99% sure same guy.

I wouldn't worry about your PAYPAL, there is a problem with this buyer.

I'll call PAYPAL in an hour or so and see what the scoop is.....I'll also ask why there was no notification from them about the reversal, that is very surprising and problematic.

(I have successful transactions from other buyers in the meantime)

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Pay Pal

Talked with both PAYPAL and eBay.

Neither thinks it is them that caused the reversal.

eBay has opened an investigation regarding the transactions for that buyer, so I believe lukey yours will be included in that, but I don't know that for 100% - of course they can't talk about other sellers etc to me, and they couldn't confirm there were more than my transaction with that buyer.

The advice I was given was to resend an invoice (which I already did), ask the buyer to pay again and if the buyer was concerned to call PAYPAL and verify the $$ were returned, account was ok, and that it was ok to pay again.

Personally from what I heard from both the support people, I'm of the mind there was a technical glitch on the PAYPAL side, because in all my years this is the first time ever that money was taken away from my PAYPAL account without any email notification to me from PAYPAL advising me that funds were being held or reversed etc.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Pay Pal

I called Pay Pal also and they said it was an E-Bay problem not there problem. I changed my PP password so I'm safe there. I also told PP about your item and they thought it was just a fluke but I'm loosing confidence it both them especially after being hacked before.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Pay Pal

Hi @lukey9 - I want to step in and clarify that we don't have a way to administratively reverse a payment without a case being opened and escalated. The fact that you didn't receive messaging from us is also indicative that this may have been a proactive fraud review on PayPal's part.

I can confirm that we've gotten the buyer reported for review, and will take action if appropriate. However, for the time being, I'd encourage you to consider a similar action as @ricarmic on this one. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Pay Pal

I contacted E-Bay about the problem and they are going to check it out.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Pay Pal

I'm just curious if you have heard back from the Buyer, I sent a e-mail and an Invoice but have not heard a thing back.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Pay Pal

Not a word from anyone.....not surprised though. Will advise as soon as something happens!
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Pay Pal

The guy just paid for the Coin, I checked PP to see if there was a refund but none there so it will be in the mail today.

I'm glad to see this one over and I'm going out to buy a Lotto Max ticket.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Pay Pal

I have received payment as well.

No notes or anything from the buyer.

Mine has also stuck so far so out it goes later today....

No lotto ticket for me, it is a GRUMPY day, I have the most INR related questions active or cases for same at the same time (five) that I ever remember...

Message 15 of 15
latest reply