PayPal and eBay Split

Hi! Smiley Very Happy
Long time since I posted and everything looks so different. I hope I'm in the right board.

I always thought eBay and PayPal were two separate companies, but recently I read this huge announcement that by mid 2015 they were to become two separate companies etc, etc.

I just wonder, does anything change for sellers? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal and eBay Split

@cybergerald wrote:

I always thought eBay and PayPal were two separate companies, but recently I read this huge announcement that by mid 2015 they were to become two separate companies etc, etc.

I just wonder, does anything change for sellers? 

Short term: No

Long term: No, just the usual changes

The new format will be as two sister companies, not as two completely separate companies.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

PayPal and eBay Split

I think that they are just acting now before the US Federal Trade Commision makes them split or makes them sell one off.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

PayPal and eBay Split

Smiley Happy  Thanks for your reply. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

PayPal and eBay Split

"I think that they are just acting now before the US Federal Trade Commission makes them split or makes them sell one off."

Smiley HappyThanks for your reply. I guess payment policies won't change.

BTW. You've got some gorgeous stuff. I remember the crackling in the background when listening to some music by the warm glow of the dial lights.

On another subject, I don't have an old guitar so I'm left with a simple but impossible decision. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

PayPal and eBay Split

@rosscd57 wrote:

I think that they are just acting now before the US Federal Trade Commision makes them split or makes them sell one off.

Nope.

This split is driven by some of eBay's larger shareholders in an effort to gain more share value for themselves.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply