PayPal down?

Getting, "unable to process your request error right now.

Anyone else?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

PayPal down?

For me started few days ago.I called PayPal they have open ticket for the issue.After i saw post here and .com reporting problems.Even changing browsers didnt help me .

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

PayPal down?

Ya, it's up and down as they're mucking with it.

Has anyone else noticed that they've eliminated the button which allowed us to choose method of payment?  (Very Annoying.)

Now the system forces us to pay for labels via paypal funds.

Does anyone know of go-around which allows for changing the method of payment?  

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

Actually, the option to use other methods of payment is still there.

Someone somehow at sometime sent me Canadian funds so it's using that $ first.  🙂

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

Yep. Business has ground to halt for the past two days because of this. They are also happy to take my money for the labels too, they let me go through the whole process, then decide to say there's an issue and won't let me view or print it. It's glorious. It should have been fixed ages ago. Businesses rely on them. 

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

It's odd how problems like this only affect some users.  I haven't had any problems with receiving payments or with doing labels.  Not yet!

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

I cannot print any label through paypal shipping this morning. I get to the end 'Pay and Continue' and then it crashes. What a pain in the butt.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

I attempted to call Paypal to report the glitch but they were closed. While the vein in my forehead throbbed (remember I set an alarm for the middle of the night to get stuff ready to ship while my kids are still asleep) I decided to try one last time before throwing in the towel and it printed. So. Done. 

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

My sales have been too dead for me to notice anything. My one sale last week was fine. 

Today though, I was expecting a Paypal invoice from a Japanese seller (outside eBay) and it never showed up in my e-mail. The seller advised me to login to PP to check if there's a money request in my account page and once I login I see it, so I paid there right away... and I did get the Paypal e-mail confirming my payment. It's indeed a little strange that the invoice never showed up in my e-mail though, this is the first time it happened. 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

I brought this forward to the Weekly Chat and this was Raphael's response: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/October-19th-2016-Weekly-Session/m-p/354508/highligh...

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

Saw his response. Guess sellers will have to spend more time staying logged in at paypal.

PS. The payment request from my Japanese seller mentioned above just showed up in my email 20 hours after they sent it... my seller already shipped lol.
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

I do see his point, but I also wonder if it would kill ebay to give sellers a break now and again. I mean, we're expected to perform at peak capacity no matter how many system fails we face? Contort ourselves to overcome problems not of our creation? Would cutting us some slack at times there are clearly documented issues at play really spell the beginning of the end of all standards for sellers on ebay? I think not. These are delivery notices of payment and a shipping label print issue. At the same time.

As it stands, I will be taking his advice and extending my handling time for the next few days, but not for this reason. I have some commitments to keep tomorrow afternoon and Friday morning that will rob me of my duck-and-cover system of order fulfillment. 

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

I generally use selling manager to check if there have been any sales and if they have been paid for.   If any show as being paid then I do doublecheck that on PayPal before I send anything out.  I've seen a few situations when emails have been delayed because of a PayPal problem or an email server problem so I don't like to depend on the emails alone

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

Tried twice to print a label this morning and got an technical error message.  Wasn't charged any money, but still this is ridiculous.  Label printing problems have been happening for awhile now and paypal needs to get it fixed!

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

@forester_studios wrote:

Tried twice to print a label this morning and got an technical error message.  Wasn't charged any money, but still this is ridiculous.  Label printing problems have been happening for awhile now and paypal needs to get it fixed!

Same for me.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

@007steveb16 wrote:

@forester_studios wrote:

Same for me.

Notice now too that Light Packet has disappeared from the service list choices.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

same here - "error code -53002"

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

PayPal down?

Last night, I got my payment notice from Paypal mere seconds after the Sold notice from ebay.

This morning I sent two payments via Send Money and both appeared momentarily in my email inbox.

I'm now withdrawing money from Paypal so we'll see how long it takes for that message to come in. 

Message 20 of 24
latest reply