Paypal Currencies Question....

On my Paypal Summary page there are two currencies listed. There is an amount in US from $US auctions and a 2nd amount just below which I think are the proceeds from some $CAN auctions. When I try to withdraw and transfer to my bank account only the $US amount is available. What happens to the other amount? Just using some random numbers it looks like this....

$138 USD

Available

Currencies

$99 USD

$52

But only $99 USD is available for withdrawl to bank account. What's with that?

Thank you in advance for replying.....Cheers

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

"When I try to withdraw and transfer to my bank account "

Let's take it one step at the time.

Are you trying to transfer to your Canadian bank account in Canadian funds or to a US$ at a bank located in the USA?

If your primary bank is Canadian, then the money will be converted from US$ to Cdn$ when you withdraw from your US$ balance.

The money withdrawn from your Canadian dollar balance will not require conversion.

You have two options:

1) you can convert (within PayPal) your US$ balance into your Cdn$ balance and make one withdrawal to your Canadian bank account

or

2) make two transfers to your Canadian bank account, one from your PayPal US$ balance (US$99) and one from your Cdn$ balance ($52)

The net result should be the same (within a few cents due to rounding)

If your bank is located in the USA, proceed in reverse.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

In the first box, it should say Available USD $138, with a drop down menu for Available CAD $52.00.  Do you not have that down arrow?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you, my friend. I see it!...lol...I guess it's 2 separate transactions....I appreciate your reply...Cheers

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

So I gather that the one move to avoid is putting a Paypal USD balance into a USD account in a Canadian bank?

Because the money will be changed from USD to CDN and then back to USD with bank charges at each stop?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Pierre....Cheers!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply