Paypal Shipping Canadapost account not working

New today seems to be a requirement to sign up for, or use an existing canadapost account.

I get an error no matter if I sign up for a new canadapost account  or use an existing one I have.

Exact error: 

"Account number or postal invalid. Please check and try again.
Forgot account details? Click here to retrieve"

I tried taking spaces out of the postal code, same issue. Is this a new alpha feature that is broken in paypal?

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

qottie
Community Member

All,

PayPal released a fix to the shipping labels flow was earlier this afternoon, and we think that the service should be back to normal.

Specifically, when eBay sellers choose "Print Shipping Label" on My eBay, and enter the label printing flow on PayPal:

• sellers should no longer be asked to register or connect their Canada Post account before printing a label
  • "eBay-negotiated" Canada Post rates and services (including Light Packet for US / International destinations) should be showing up again as options for label printing

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you are still having issues with printing labels.  We will continue to work with PayPal to resolve any outstanding issues that arise.  Thanks for your patience as we worked with PayPal to resolve the issues.

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Had the same problem, but eventually was able to bypass it all by going through eBay>Print shipping label>PayPal to the new shipping form(didn't give me the option to use the classic version)

Something was definitely amiss today but perhaps this is all in preparation for sellers to use Shippo..

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

@shipping_to wrote:

New today seems to be a requirement to sign up for, or use an existing canadapost account.

I get an error no matter if I sign up for a new canadapost account  or use an existing one I have.

Exact error: 

"Account number or postal invalid. Please check and try again.
Forgot account details? Click here to retrieve"

I tried taking spaces out of the postal code, same issue. Is this a new alpha feature that is broken in paypal?

Didn't have anything needing paypal shipping today -- but did have an old purchase I could click on to buy postage.

The UPS side looks to be ready to work (probably since it's already been in place for awhile), but trying to set up Canada Post as primary shipper requires some quality control testing before it's ready.

Snap Ship beta testing on Canada Post is much more friendly....

-..-

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

Does Snap ship automatically fill in ebay ship to address, because that is what takes so much time, manually entering your customer's ship address into obnoxious web forms. Paypal: the only obnoxious filling in of forms is the customs labels, there are no templates for filling it out automatically
Message 4 of 40
latest reply

Same issue with me - after entering my canadapost account when prompted this morning - I can't print shipping labels. Frustrating that it only tells you it won't print the label / error message after you've taken the time to enter all the information. Spent an hour on the phone this morning with eBay and Paypal tech support. Just tested again a few minutes ago - 10th time trying today - still can't ship. Will have to put my account on vacation until this gets resolved. Arghhh.....

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

@memorychips wrote:
Does Snap ship automatically fill in ebay ship to address, because that is what takes so much time, manually entering your customer's ship address into obnoxious web forms. Paypal: the only obnoxious filling in of forms is the customs labels, there are no templates for filling it out automatically

No, it has no connection to ebay so doesn't know where you are sending the parcel to.

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

@schlyguy wrote:

Same issue with me - after entering my canadapost account when prompted this morning - I can't print shipping labels. Frustrating that it only tells you it won't print the label / error message after you've taken the time to enter all the information. Spent an hour on the phone this morning with eBay and Paypal tech support. Just tested again a few minutes ago - 10th time trying today - still can't ship. Will have to put my account on vacation until this gets resolved. Arghhh.....

That is so odd. Since we don't need a CP account to use PP why on earth are they requiring an account number.

But why would you put your account on vacation?  If you have a Canada Post small business number you can still get a discount by using Canada Post's Snap Ship. I'm not sure what percentage of the discount is but it seems to be comparable and in some cases, it gives  a higher discount than PP.  Make sure that you sign in first.

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

That is so odd. Since we don't need a CP account to use PP why on earth are they requiring an account number.

If they aren't billing separately to that account number and pulling that account's own negotiated rates then it is a weird thing to implement at this stage. I would presume eBay had their own negotiated rates with Canada Post and this change might have something to do with that, but I wouldn't have expected to see the requirement of a CP account number at this stage if paypal is still supporting ebay customers for several more months as indicated by the ebay reps. I could see a future setup of this where paypal just acts as a pass through to generate the rate request/shipment data for Canada Post, but from what the ebay reps stated paypal is looking to get out of the label printing business so it is strange all around.

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

I contacted Paypal customer support again this morning - they have a bug logged for the inability to print Canada Post shipping labels that they are working on - I was told to check functionality again at the end of the day today - Friday 19 May 2017. 

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

There are actually at least two bugs going on at Paypal -- one is "Light Packet" disappearing and re-appearing on the Canada Post drop-down option list, the other is the inability to generate labels.  

Here is one thread on the first subject: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/What-happened-to-Canada-Post-s-light-packet-option/td-p/6...

I'm told that Paypal is getting out of its label service for eBay, and that eBay will soon replace it with "Shippo".  Perhaps this winding-down at Paypal is responsible for these issues, but I imagine they're not going to be too eager to spend time addressing problems if they won't be providing eBay labels at all a few weeks from now.   

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

Does anyone know when ebay will begin offering labels through Shippo?  Will we be able to pay using paypal?  My Ventureone number does not work on paypal as I just get an error message - "We are unable to process your request right now. Please try again later."  Looks like I will be spending a lot of time hand writing labels and customs forms at the post office.

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

Does anyone know when ebay will begin offering labels through Shippo?  Will we be able to pay using paypal? 

Sometime in the summer, although I believe some sellers will be invited to a beta. Yes you'll be able to pay using paypal.

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

Paypal shipping within Canada worked for me yesterday - Expedited Parcel. Shipping to the United States via Small Packet still doesn't work - gives me the "try again later" message. For my shipments to the US I've been using Canada Post snap ship - as others have noted it's about $1 cheaper than Paypal shipping for a Small Packet envelope with their introductory special, the only downside is that you have to copy and paste over your shipping information. On the bonus side - it remembers your shipping items so you can select them by drop down. 

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

qottie
Community Member

Good morning everyone.  Thanks so much for pointing out the issues with PayPal label printing.  We are aware of the issue (see our announcement for more details), and we are working hard to get a resolution.

In short, PayPal recently made a change to the label printing flow, requiring sellers to register for a new Canada Post account or link an existing one, to their PayPal account.  When this linkage is made, it seems as though eBay sellers see the rates & services for Canada Post's "Solutions for Small Business" offering, rather than eBay rates & services.

As we announced in January of this year, this was an expected behaviour change for labels that were printed when sellers go directly to PayPal, but no change was to be made to the behaviour when sellers click on "Print shipping label" in My eBay.

We are currently working with PayPal to reverse the change on the eBay flow and will keep you updated on progress.

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

Even if you have a Ventureone account with Canada post it will not accept it on Paypal.  I have had an account for about ten years and when I enter the account number I get the following message from Paypal: - 

"We are unable to process your request right now. Please try again later."

Message 15 of 40
latest reply

Thanks forester_studios. Feedback like this is helpful in solving the problem.

We have escalated the issue in PayPal and are working on getting a reply. I will update as soon as I have more information.
Message 16 of 40
latest reply

I used my Venture one number on the account request yesterday and was able to print a small packet rate, but no light packet.

Message 17 of 40
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

Even if you have a Ventureone account with Canada post it will not accept it on Paypal.  I have had an account for about ten years and when I enter the account number I get the following message from Paypal: - 

"We are unable to process your request right now. Please try again later."

Yours didn't work but that isn't true for everyone.

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

qottie
Community Member

All,

PayPal released a fix to the shipping labels flow was earlier this afternoon, and we think that the service should be back to normal.

Specifically, when eBay sellers choose "Print Shipping Label" on My eBay, and enter the label printing flow on PayPal:

• sellers should no longer be asked to register or connect their Canada Post account before printing a label
  • "eBay-negotiated" Canada Post rates and services (including Light Packet for US / International destinations) should be showing up again as options for label printing

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you are still having issues with printing labels.  We will continue to work with PayPal to resolve any outstanding issues that arise.  Thanks for your patience as we worked with PayPal to resolve the issues.

Message 19 of 40
latest reply

I too have been fighting with  printing my CP labels from Paypal.  I don't have one to do at the moment to see if it s working again.

When I called Paypal on Tuesday night, the c/s rep told me it was a known glitch, not Paypal's fault and threw Canada Post under the bus saying they were making changes.......Paypal only is a portal and has nothing to do with the function. Perhaps.

THAT IS NOT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM......even though I could not print expedited labels to the US I could see what postage was calculated........guess what......discount is only what I can get using Venture One at the counter or by printing directly from the CP website.  Canada Post had negotiated a larger discount for users who used Paypal to create the shipping labels.

I do not recall getting notification from either Canada Post or Paypal that the discount was being axed.  Anyone out there get notice of this.........maybe it is just a glitch, but trying to get a CP rep on the phone who has a clue what I'm talking about is proving almost impossible.

Message 20 of 40
latest reply