Paypal and charge back

I posted couple days ago that I got charge back for very 1st time, and today I got email from the buyer saying that she did not file charge back and did not aware about it. She promised she will try to resolve the problem from her side and if happened she got the money back, she will pay me back.

And also today my husband's account got charge back for the 1st time too. I contacted the buyer on his behalf and the buyer responded promptly saying that she did not opened charge back. She asked me who can she contact to cancel it, and if I mistakenly another buyer with her.

Both case raise a question on me, what's going on with paypal and charge back case? Is it coincidental my account and my husband's account got charge back almost at the same time by different buyer which both said they did not do it.

Any other seller has the same case?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Paypal and charge back

last year made a visa payment went to wrong customer, type o or sloppy data input.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Paypal and charge back

A couple of years ago, I received notice of a chargeback for "fraudulent" use of credit card, rather than unauthorized.  I contacted the buyer who stated that her bank had just called to say there was a problem with her credit card but she didn't have a lot of information at that point.  She did say, though, that she had not contacted PayPal.  Someone did, presumably her bank.  All I know is that after a couple of weeks, PayPal advised me that the issue was settled and I wasn't charged anything.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply