Paypal is down? Potential bidders can't bid!

I've never seen this before. I got a message from a bidder saying she couldn't bid because she got a pop-up saying "seller does not have a linked Paypal account."  Well I sure do. LOL

So I went to PP but the site is down and that's probably why the eBay machine wouldn't allow her bid. It couldn't get into Paypal. This is terribly crazy. Make me look bad, but it also means people can't pay and I can't access my funds.

Anyone seen this happen before? Does it last long?

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Weird. That took me to Facebook with a click-through there. And I got the same thing. I looked at all sorts of access routes and none work. I thought it might be a DNS server issue, so did a DNS flush. No luck. Did a system restore. No luck. Next thing to look at is our router. I'll let my H deal with that. I've spent the morning all over the web looking for help and the suggestions don't fix it.  If it's not the router, I'll call my ISP, xplornet.

And thanks for your help.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Almost certain it's a PP issue now and not my browsers or ISP. I had two paid sales yesterday. Gave my H my Paypal Mastercard to withdraw the funds in another town and it does not have the money.

Other's have had the same issue, I've read and Paypal fixed it for them.

I'm calling eBay. Maybe they can give a PP phone number.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

@vintage*finds wrote:

Weird. That took me to Facebook with a click-through there. And I got the same thing. I looked at all sorts of access routes and none work. I thought it might be a DNS server issue, so did a DNS flush. No luck. Did a system restore. No luck. Next thing to look at is our router. I'll let my H deal with that. I've spent the morning all over the web looking for help and the suggestions don't fix it.  If it's not the router, I'll call my ISP, xplornet.

And thanks for your help.

Try switching your DNS servers to something like google's DNS server (ie 8.8.8.8) rather than your ISP DNS. I had quite a few paid listings yesterday but I only list in fixed price.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I'm calling eBay. Maybe they can give a PP phone number.

The phone number I gave you in post 19 didn't work?

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Sorry. I missed it. Thanks though.

I called eBay, got transferred to Paypal and not a lot of help, but she checked and it's a known issue they are working on. Apparently. No timeline of when it'll be fixed. It's clearly not affecting everyone. Anyway, I now have her direct phone number and I'll call again if it's still broken in the next few days.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

I'll look at that. Thank you. Paypal agrees it's their problem, but I'm willing to try something elses as well. Wasn't a router issue btw.

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Thanks again. But it didn't work. I'm just going to leave it now (for a few days anyway) and trust Paypal to sort it.
Message 27 of 29
latest reply

This is from an industry blog http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y16/m04/i28/s02

PayPal Technical Issues Lock Out Buyers and SellersBy Ina Steiner 
EcommerceBytes.com 
April 28, 2016

inShare4 

Email This Story to a Friend

PayPal users have experienced problems logging in to their account over the past several days, while others are having problems sending payments or accessing certain pages. A report came in to Ecommerce EKG on Tuesday: "Can't login, says - "Some of your info isn't correct. Please try again." Many password resets, 2 hours of PayPal trying to reset password. They finally said they would open a tech ticket and that I just would have to wait indefinitely."

There were many reports online, though it may have impacted a subset of users.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Thank you. I did reach Paypal. I actually called eBay who connected me with PP who connected me with someone else. In the end she came back and said it was a known Paypal issue ... something about issues with recent upgrade ...  and about 30 hours later all was well.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply