Paypal sucks!

I can print off the packing slips of any transaction, but not the printing label. So now what happens to my one day shipping promise? How am I going to be compensated for sitting here hour after hour trying to print one label. The others printed fine. I know it's Pitney Bowes, and it's not a browser problem, I've tried them all and it's always the same, no label.

I have items I want to list and things to do. I do not have time to sit here and wait for someone there to do their job and fix this. Shipping issues have been cropping up all month. If I performed like this, I'd have several defects against me and my account suspended. I'm paying for the service to use both Ebay and Paypal, and this is what I get for my buck.

Oh and I successfully printed off one label okay on IE then it came back that the "service is unavailable at this time"...

Seriously? And what if I said, my service was unavailable at this time over and over....

Stupid...

Janet and Paul
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Paypal sucks!

@thebarterersdog wrote:

I can print off the packing slips of any transaction, but not the printing label. So now what happens to my one day shipping promise? How am I going to be compensated for sitting here hour after hour trying to print one label. The others printed fine. I know it's Pitney Bowes, and it's not a browser problem, I've tried them all and it's always the same, no label.

I have items I want to list and things to do. I do not have time to sit here and wait for someone there to do their job and fix this. Shipping issues have been cropping up all month. If I performed like this, I'd have several defects against me and my account suspended. I'm paying for the service to use both Ebay and Paypal, and this is what I get for my buck.

Oh and I successfully printed off one label okay on IE then it came back that the "service is unavailable at this time"...

Seriously? And what if I said, my service was unavailable at this time over and over....

Stupid...

Went through this yesterday as well.

The horrid thing is that this problem (this most recent incarnation anyway) first happened and was reported 4 days ago. The technical people had knowledge of the issue for at least 4 days and it was not fixed. That is ridiculous and inexcusable!

I had to have one label outright voided and then luckily I got one to print on my very last attempt before I would have been refused for too many reprint attempts on it.

I called PayPal and although the woman I spoke to was sympathetic she offered no explanation as to why, after 4 days, this issue was not addressed. As to what sellers were supposed to do about missing shipping deadlines she cavalierly said that I should print my shipping doc from the Canada Post website. When I explained to her that we receive a significant discount when printing the docs via PayPal she told me that she was unaware of that fact. Can you believe that?

What a joke!

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

I, too,  am unable to print shipping labels today from PayPal shipping.  I get to the "Processing, please wait" page and it freezes. 

This is most frustrating!

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

Try using IE again, the 'not available' message may have been for that label only. I've also been having problems printing labels on Firefox but IE has been fine. There is another thread about this...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Unable-to-print-shipping-labels/m-p/274561/highlight/true...

The problem may have something to do with this ebay announcement....

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2014/10/17/7640/

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

I tried using GOOGLE CHROME as my browser, and PayPal shipping labels will print.  Same thing for uploading photos to new listings, I have to use Google Chrome or my photos won't upload.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

I have the most up to date browser and have not been able to print using Firefox for 4 days. Fortunately I can still print from an  IE browser. It's a pain because I keep forgetting and trying from Firefox and get hung up so have to go in IE and reprint label.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

Printed my labels with FF this morning.
Photobucket
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

I don't know whether this applies to Light/Small Packet labels too, but I just printed off an Expedited USA label this evening (using IE10) and it worked fine, although it was slower than usual.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

Any update on this today?

Are things fixed and back to normal yet?

Cheers,

thd

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

we had the same issue for weeks. Decided to pull out a older laptop and wham it worked for the 1st label. Than we received a Java update notice. So we updated Java...Guess what? We could not print labels any longer. So we went and found a older version of Java. Installed it and we were back in business printing with no issues.

PayPal has known about this issue for years..Yes years after doing a search on it. Now the newest version of Java works. Some times we will not be able to print but just click the retry button and the label pops up and we can print it. 98% of the time it's working fine.

Hope this helps and solves your issue.

Cheers

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

I have just discovered that if address is long, for example in Russia, Turkey, Thailand etc, the end of it which is end of 3rd line is printed over that little scan bar and I have just had to issue a refund because of that misprint/error. The buyer's apartment number was not readable or visible due to that scan code. Contacted paypal - they sent me to canadapost. Called canadapost - not interested, please call paypal. Now paypal wants me to call Pitney Bowes. Looked at other recently printed labels: waiting to give more refunds now.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

@treasure.hunter.d wrote:

Any update on this today?

Are things fixed and back to normal yet?

Cheers,

thd

As of a few moments ago this issue is still not fixed.

I am printing shipping labels by rolling back my Firefox to version 32.0. This is the only method that has worked for me.

This is absurd! 15 days (perhaps more) and this is not fixed. What are these morons at Pitney Bowes doing aside from not working?

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

Well, FF was working fine until yesterday and I got the "please wait .... processing" window that would not advance. Phoned PP who bounced me over to eBay and the young lady convinced me to try IE. Everything worked on IE.

Yeah, it was a browser problem.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just printed 2 labels with FireFox an hour ago and they were fine.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

This has been an on going issue for sometime now. Ebay or Pay Pal ( which ever you prefer) has known about the problem for a while now, but cant seem to get a handle on the problem. You would think that we would have received some sort of explanation to what they are doing about it. So far it feels like they are not willing to fix the problem or dont know how to fix the problem.

A while ago I had the problem with Google. I then switched to IE and it was working. I again have Google back up and running and haven't had any issues since.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

Many sellers use discounted mint postage stamps, which they buy right here on eBay. 

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

@mr.elmwood wrote:

Well, FF was working fine until yesterday and I got the "please wait .... processing" window that would not advance. Phoned PP who bounced me over to eBay and the young lady convinced me to try IE. Everything worked on IE.

Yeah, it was a browser problem.

Until you try to print with IE and it doesn't work as has happened to myself and numerous other folks I know.

Sometimes IE works as a workaround and sometimes it doesn't. The reason i started experimenting with rolling back versions of Firefox was because IE failed just as the latest Firefox did.

There is definitely some other issue at play here and it is still not addressed.

thd

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

@Anonymous wrote:

I just printed 2 labels with FireFox an hour ago and they were fine.

What version number of Firefox, I'm curious. As mentioned, I am able to print with no issues currently with v.32.0 but nothing after that.

thd

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

I find, out of Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer 8, the old Internet Explorer 8 works best, only once Firefox worked for me, other times failed to print label, and I was never successful with Google Chrome with Paypal shipping labels, but only tried twice.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Paypal sucks!

Been writing out my labels for 17 years ...no problems, no returns.No discount but my local store/ post office gets a discount when i mail it there so my community keeps some of the money...not PB.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply